Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Lancashire Lightning vs Birmingham Bears Preview & Prediction
When is Lancashire Lightning vs Birmingham Bears taking place? Friday 16th August, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Lancashire Lightning vs Birmingham Bears taking place? Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester
What is the expected weather for Lancashire Lightning vs Birmingham Bears? 18c but with rain expected all day this could be a washout
What television channel is Lancashire Lightning vs Birmingham Bears on? Lancashire Lightning vs Birmingham Bears will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Lancashire Lightning vs Birmingham Bears? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Lancashire Lightning vs Birmingham Bears? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Lancashire Lightning W8, Birmingham Bears W6, No Result 2
Last meeting: Birmingham Bears beat Lancashire Lightning by 15 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Lancashire Lightning produced a brilliant response to their first defeat in the competition as they made relatively light work of Northamptonshire Steelbacks in their last game to reassert their dominance in the North Group.
- Chasing 158 to win, opener Alex Davies was Lancashire’s key man as he produced his best knock of this year’s competition so far with an unbeaten 75 off 58 balls which helped his side to the eight-wicket win.
- Lightning brought in Danny Lamb as Glenn Maxwell was left out with a minor hamstring injury but did not get the chance to impress and his time in the side could be short-lived if the Australian can prove his fitness for this game.
- Birmingham Bears will be hoping for a repeat performance as they face Lancashire Lightning for the second game in succession after they became the first side to defeat the league leaders in this year’s tournament.
- The Bears posted 179/6 thanks to half-centuries from Dominic Sibley and Adam Hose but Chris Green was the key man with the ball as he only conceded 19 runs from his four overs whilst chipping in with a wicket too as his side held on for a 15-run win.
- It has been an impressive start for Green who was making just his second appearance for the Bears after he was signed at short-notice following the injury to Ashton Agar and he will be looking to play a key role once again in what is expected to be an unchanged team.
Lancashire will be hoping the weather does not stop them from attempting to gain revenge on Birmingham. Lightning have lost just one of their T20 Blast matches so far this season and that came against the Bears just last week but they responded well to win their last game. The Bears have not played since and should be nice and fresh for this contest but with the home side eager to pay them back for their sole defeat so far, the table toppers should be able to come out on top if the weather holds off.