Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Kent Spitfires vs Sussex Sharks Preview & Prediction
When is Kent Spitfires vs Sussex Sharks taking place? Friday 16th August, 19:00 (UK)
Where is Kent Spitfires vs Sussex Sharks taking place? The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence, Canterbury
What is the expected weather for Kent Spitfires vs Sussex Sharks? 18c with light rain expected during the game
What television channel is Kent Spitfires vs Sussex Sharks on? Kent Spitfires vs Sussex Sharks will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Kent Spitfires vs Sussex Sharks? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Kent Spitfires vs Sussex Sharks? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Kent Spitfires W13, Sussex Sharks W10, No Result 6
Last meeting: Sussex Sharks beat Kent Spitfires by 9 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Kent Spitfires missed out on the chance to get back to winning ways after back-to-back losses against Gloucestershire and Somerset as their game with Glamorgan was abandoned because of the weather.
- No play was possible at Canterbury, much to the frustration of the Spitfires who would have relished the chance to play a side who are yet to win a single game in this year’s competition so far.
- Their attention now turns to an important clash with Sussex Sharks with the Spitfires able to recall Imran Qayyum from a dislocated finger but Adam Milne is unlikely to play because of an ankle injury.
- After claiming five consecutive victories, Sussex Sharks’ winning run was finally ended as they slipped to defeat against Surrey but that streak was enough to lead the Sharks to the top of the South Group.
- They will come into this game as the leaders and they have a game in hand on the chasing pack too despite the 26-run loss to Surrey as they could only make 137/8 in pursuit of the 164 they had been set to win.
- None of the batsmen really impressed for Sussex although Will Beer was the standout with the ball on his first appearance in the Blast this season as he took 3-22 and will be hoping to retain his place on the back of that.
This is a big game between two of the top three in the South Group as Kent host Sussex. The home side will leapfrog their opponents if they win but Sussex can pull three points clear and perhaps more importantly, they also have a game in hand too which could give them a real opportunity to put themselves in the driving seat by seeing off their rivals. Kent are out of form and whilst Sussex had their five-match winning streak ended by Surrey, they can bounce straight back here.