When is Kent Spitfires vs Surrey taking place? Friday 23rd August, 19:00 (UK)
Where is Kent Spitfires vs Surrey taking place? The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence, Canterbury
What is the expected weather for Kent Spitfires vs Surrey? 23c and partly cloudy but there is next to no chance of rain
What television channel is Kent Spitfires vs Surrey on? Kent Spitfires vs Surrey will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Kent Spitfires vs Surrey? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Kent Spitfires vs Surrey? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Kent Spitfires W15, Surrey W15, No result 1
Last meeting: Kent Spitfires beat Surrey by 9 wickets (D/L method)
THE TEAM NEWS
- Kent Spitfires’ attempts to get back on track were foiled by the weather once again as they suffered a second successive washout as their game with Sussex Sharks was washed out without a ball being bowled.
- It means it is now four games without a win for Kent but picking up two points for those two abandonments means that too much damage has not been done to their bid to make the quarter-finals.
- Hardus Viljoen has been in superb form with the ball in this competition and he has taken 17 wickets so far with the South African paceman likely to be crucial to the Spitfires’ chances of getting back to winning ways.
- Surrey were unable to build on their upturn in form as their bid for a third successive win was scuppered by the weather as their game against Hampshire was abandoned without a ball being bowled.
- After just one win from their first eight games in the competition, Surrey have now collected five points from their last three matches and are back in contention for a spot in the quarter-finals.
- If Surrey are to progress, they will have to do so without key man Tom Curran after the seam bowler picked up a side injury that will rule him out for the season whilst Surrey will be hoping his brother Sam will be released by England to feature in this game.
Kent Spitfires are out of form at the moment but their early-season form means they are still right in contention at the top of the South Group. They host Surrey here as they bid to get back on track but the visitors have won their last two games that have reached a conclusion. However, they have suffered a huge injury blow with the loss of Tom Curran and if Sam is not released by England, they will be very much under-strength for this game which can see the home side come out on top.