Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Kent Spitfires vs Hampshire Preview & Prediction
When is Kent Spitfires vs Hampshire taking place? Sunday 4th August, 15:00 (UK)
Where is Kent Spitfires vs Hampshire taking place? The Kent County Cricket Ground, Beckenham
What is the expected weather for Kent Spitfires vs Hampshire? 24c with clouds but there appears to be no chance of rain
What television channel is Kent Spitfires vs Hampshire on? Kent Spitfires vs Hampshire will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Kent Spitfires vs Hampshire? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Kent Spitfires vs Hampshire? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Kent W13, Hampshire W14, No Result 1
Last meeting: Kent beat Hampshire by 2 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Kent’s 100% record to begin their 2019 T20 Blast campaign came to a shuddering halt as they were demolished by Sussex in their last game which allowed the Sharks to close the gap on them to just two points.
- The Spitfires posted a respectable total of 154/8 but the loss of regular wickets harmed them with only three of their batsmen making double-figures and their bowlers were then unable to have any impact as they went down by nine wickets.
- Kent still sit at the top of the South Group but they will need to show a reaction to their big loss against Sussex and may opt to make changes to both their batting line-up and bowling unit as a result of the heavy defeat.
- After failing to win any of their first three games in this year’s T20 Blast, Hampshire have turned things around and won their last three games to move to third in the table in the South Group.
- They completed a 41-run victory over Glamorgan in their last game as their total of 128 was well defended by the bowlers with Liam Dawson and Mason Crane doing the damage with six wickets between them as they skittled their opponents for just 87.
- Hampshire will be delighted with their form and could name an unchanged side for this game but will need to provide a greater performance with the bat against a side with just one defeat to their name so far.
This should be an entertaining clash between two of the current top three teams in the South Group. Kent suffered their first loss of the tournament in their last outing against Sussex whilst Hampshire won their third game in a row when defeating Glamorgan. They played out a superb contest when they faced each other earlier in the competition and this could be as close as that one but the win can go the same way with Kent able to come out on top.