Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Kent Spitfires vs Glamorgan Preview & Prediction
When is Kent Spitfires vs Glamorgan taking place? Wednesday 14th August, 19:00 (UK)
Where is Kent Spitfires vs Glamorgan taking place? The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence, Canterbury
What is the expected weather for Kent Spitfires vs Glamorgan? 17c but rain is expected throughout the day and also during the game
What television channel is Kent Spitfires vs Glamorgan on? Kent Spitfires vs Glamorgan will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Kent Spitfires vs Glamorgan? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Kent Spitfires vs Glamorgan? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Kent Spitfires W4, Glamorgan W3, No Result 2
Last meeting: Kent Spitfires vs Glamorgan – no result
THE TEAM NEWS
- Kent Spitfires suffered their second loss in succession as they fell to a disappointing defeat against Somerset with that loss preventing the Spitfires from opening up some breathing space in the race for the quarter-finals.
- Despite taking eight wickets, Kent allowed Somerset to post 206 and although opening pair Daniel Bell-Drummond and Zak Crawley put on 50 for the first wicket, Kent were always behind the required rate with their final eight wickets falling for just 50 runs.
- The Spitfires will be concerned by their batting collapse but they are not likely to reach for the panic button just yet, especially with Sam Billings back in the mix whilst Kent will also be hoping that bowlers Matt Milnes and Imran Qayyum will be fit again.
- Glamorgan suffered yet another defeat as their wait for a win in this year’s competition was extended to nine matches following a seven-wicket loss against Surrey, though they did push their opponents close.
- Surrey will have felt comfortable in their pursuit of the 153 set by Glamorgan but only managed to get over the line with six balls remaining thanks to the efforts of Ruaidhri Smith who took all three of his side’s wickets in a solid spell where he only conceded 21 runs.
- That was an impressive return for Smith in his first appearance in this year’s competition following an injury and he could be joined in this game by Kiran Carlson who is back in the squad after recovering from a side strain.
Kent will be under pressure to get back to winning ways after losing their last two games. They will be confident of doing so as they host winless Glamorgan but following an improved performance by the visitors in their last game, they will need to be wary of an upset. Glamorgan’s hopes of reaching the quarter-finals are all-but over already but they will at least be aiming to pick up in the second half of the round-robin. They might have to wait a little longer for a first win though, with Kent likely to win this one.