Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Kent Spitfires vs Essex Eagles Preview & Prediction
When is Kent Spitfires vs Essex Eagles taking place? Friday 26th July, 19:00 (UK)
Where is Kent Spitfires vs Essex Eagles taking place? The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence, Canterbury
What is the expected weather for Kent Spitfires vs Essex Eagles? 23c and sunshine forecast all day
What television channel is Kent Spitfires vs Essex Eagles on? Kent Spitfires vs Essex Eagles will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Kent Spitfires vs Essex Eagles? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Kent Spitfires vs Essex Eagles? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Kent Spitfires W15, Essex Eagles W14, No result 2
Last meeting: Kent Spitfires beat Essex Eagles 5 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Kent Spitfires come into this match with great confidence after having won their opening two matches against Somerset and Hampshire so they will be looking to extend that in this home match against Essex Eagles.
- Their victories have come from relatively close matches but they have had some key innings by the likes of Mohammad Nabi, Ollie Robinson and Adam Blake to thank so far but their batting has not been the most convincing thus far which they will look to improve upon.
- They will be aided by the return of key man Heino Kuhn for this match as he has come through concussion protocol and will take his place in the team to give them a major boost especially while they continue to be without Joe Denly and Sam Billings.
- Essex Eagles are coming off an incredible rain-affected match against Surrey a week ago as they smashed 226/4 from just 15 overs thanks to Cameron Delport’s sensational hitting in his 38-ball century which ended up being 129 from just 49 balls as they beat Surrey by 52 runs.
- Both Delport and Dan Lawrence were in stunning form with the bat, and they will look to replicate that here although the dimensions at Canterbury are significantly different to Chelmsford and runs will be harder to come by here.
- They name an unchanged squad for this match which means they continue to be without Mohammad Amir and the bowling department is one area that they must improve upon as they have conceded 340 runs so far in just 32 overs.
Kent Spitfires have started the season with two wins from their opening two matches and that is despite being with a trio of key players in Kuhn, Denly and Billings. They welcome back Kuhn here to strengthen the batting and that has come at a good time as it has been their underrated bowling unit that has arguably led them to the two victories so far. Essex Eagles have gone between the daft and the sublime in their opening two games but their bowling is a major concern. With Delport unlikely to be able to produce those heroics consistently, the stronger all-round unit of the Spitfires should see the hosts win here.