When is Hampshire vs Essex Eagles taking place? Sunday 25th August, 14:30 (UK)
Where is Hampshire vs Essex Eagles taking place? The Ageas Bowl, Southampton
What is the expected weather for Hampshire vs Essex Eagles? 26c with bright sunshine and clear skies
What television channel is Hampshire vs Essex Eagles on? Hampshire vs Essex Eagles will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Hampshire vs Essex Eagles? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Hampshire vs Essex Eagles? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Hampshire W12, Essex Eagles W12, No Result 8
Last meeting: Hampshire beat Essex Eagles by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Hampshire needed to beat Middlesex to keep their hopes of progressing to the knockout stages alive and they did just that as they earned a brilliant seven-wicket victory thanks to a good all-round performance.
- After bowling their opponents out for just 128, James Vince got his side off to a brilliant start as he continued his good form with a score of 69 from 42 balls which took the game away from Middlesex.
- Hampshire have named an unchanged squad for this contest and all eyes will be on captain Vince as he looks to make another big impression to try and force his way into the England side for the Ashes
- After three consecutive games without a result being achieved, Essex Eagles got back to winning ways as they managed to edge out Sussex Sharks in a shock result to give them a glimmer of hope in the race for the quarter-finals.
- A great knock of 59* by Dan Lawrence for what was his third half-century of this season’s competition helped his side to 168/5 and the bowling unit then did a great job of restricting the South Group leaders to 159/9 as their chase fell nine runs short.
- Mohammad Amir was superb with the ball as he claimed 4-29 which included the wickets of both openers and he will look to build on that performance after a relatively low-key competition so far.
These two teams can both make the knockout stages of the T20 Blast but will need to win their remaining games to have any chance. Hampshire are in a better position because of their run-rate and that could prove to be important as they attempt to chase the top 4. Neither side have played consistently so far in this tournament and will need to put a run together if they are to prolong their stay but the home side might just have enough to make it back-to-back wins here.