Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Gloucestershire vs Sussex Sharks Preview & Prediction
When is Gloucestershire vs Sussex Sharks taking place? Sunday 4th August, 14:30 (UK)
Where is Gloucestershire vs Sussex Sharks taking place? The Bristol County Ground, Bristol
What is the expected weather for Gloucestershire vs Sussex Sharks? 22c with clouds and a small chance of rain
What television channel is Gloucestershire vs Sussex Sharks on? Gloucestershire vs Sussex Sharks will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Gloucestershire vs Sussex Sharks? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Gloucestershire vs Sussex Sharks? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Gloucestershire W5, Sussex W9, No Result 1
Last meeting: Sussex beat Gloucestershire by 4 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Gloucestershire have now won just one of their five T20 Blast games after Essex defeated them by 25 runs in their last contest and need to improve their record soon if they are to stay in with a chance of progressing to the knockout stages.
- Essex racked up 206/3 as the bowling unit struggled to take wickets and despite a decent chase, Gloucestershire fell short in their attempt to overhaul their opponents’ total with Ryan Higgins’ unbeaten 77 proving in vain.
- Head coach Richard Dawson has hinted that he could make some changes to his side following their disappointing start to the campaign as he looks to key men like Benny Howell and David Payne to give Gloucestershire a lift.
- Sussex were in devastating form as the Sharks demolished Kent at Brighton to condemn their opponents to their first loss of this year’s competition and close the gap on them at the top of the South Group to just two points.
- The Sharks are now the only unbeaten side in the South Group following their nine-wicket victory with Sussex able to comfortably chase down the 155 they were set to win which was mainly thanks to unbeaten half-centuries from Philip Salt and Laurie Evans.
- Chris Jordan and Jofra Archer both returned to the Sharks line-up following injuries but the latter is likely to sit this one out as he prepares to play for Sussex’s Second XI as he works towards a place in the England side for the second Ashes Test.
Gloucestershire are desperate for a win to keep their hopes of progression alive but facing an unbeaten Sussex side is the last thing they want. The Sharks were fantastic in victory over Kent and will be looking to build on that as they attempt to overhaul their opponents in that game at the top of the South Group. Jofra Archer drooping out will be a blow but their bowling attack is still dangerous and they should be able to maintain their unbeaten record here.