Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Gloucestershire vs Somerset Preview & Prediction
When is Gloucestershire vs Somerset taking place? Friday 23rd August, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Gloucestershire vs Somerset taking place? The Bristol County Ground, Bristol
What is the expected weather for Gloucestershire vs Somerset? 19c with some cloud cover but next to no chance of rain
What television channel is Gloucestershire vs Somerset on? Gloucestershire vs Somerset will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Gloucestershire vs Somerset? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Gloucestershire vs Somerset? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Gloucestershire W11, Somerset W13, No result 6
Last meeting: Somerset vs Gloucestershire – no result
THE TEAM NEWS
- Gloucestershire’s game at Somerset was abandoned without a ball being bowled which scuppered the away side’s chances of claiming what could have been a fourth win from their last five matches.
- With the South Group starting to take shape, every point is vital from now on and this game against the side sitting just one place below them in the table could prove to be pivotal come the end of the campaign.
- James Bracey demonstrated some fine hitting as he whacked an unbeaten 116 from 143 balls as Gloucestershire chased down an unlikely 263 from a maximum of 49 overs in their County Championship win over Derbyshire and he will look to replicate that form in the T20 Blast.
- Somerset had won their previous three matches and four of their last five before their home game against Gloucestershire was washed out to keep them a point behind what should have been their opponents in that game.
- They are scheduled to face them again here and will be desperate to avoid defeat as that would leave them with a three-point gap to make up over the side currently occupying the final quarter-final berth.
- Tom Banton transferred his brilliant T20 form into the four-day format when notching a half-century in Somerset’s County Championship game with Warwickshire this week and he will be eager to get back to opening in this one following his 100 in his previous game.
This is a huge game between Gloucestershire and Somerset which could have big implications on their quest to make the knockout stages. Somerset currently sit a point behind Gloucestershire and although they have a game in hand, they will want to avoid that gap becoming any greater. Both teams have been in good form of late but Somerset seem to have the greater momentum and have scored over 200 in their last three games with that superior batting ability able to see them come out on top.