Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Gloucestershire vs Middlesex Preview & Prediction
When is Gloucestershire vs Middlesex taking place? Thursday 25th July, 14:30 (UK)
Where is Gloucestershire vs Middlesex taking place? College Ground, Cheltenham
What is the expected weather for Gloucestershire vs Middlesex? Temperatures as high as 30c expected with sunshine
What television channel is Gloucestershire vs Middlesex on? Gloucestershire vs Middlesex will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Gloucestershire vs Middlesex? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Gloucestershire vs Middlesex? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Gloucestershire W11, Middlesex W1, Tied 1, No result 1
Last meeting: Gloucestershire beat Middlesex by 70 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Gloucestershire were thwarted from picking up a win in their opening T20 Blast match last Friday against rivals Glamorgan as they had restricted them to 96/8 before the rain came and washed the game meaning they had to settle four a point.
- Benny Howell was the star of the show with the ball as he took 5/18 from his four overs and they will look to their talented all-rounder for inspiration here as they come up against a strong and in-form Middlesex batting line-up.
- Given their promising performance in that abandoned match, the likelihood is that Gloucestershire will name an unchanged team for this match as they look to inflict Middlesex’s first defeat of the T20 Blast campaign.
- Middlesex are sitting pretty with two wins from their opening two matches after having beaten Essex and Surrey thanks to two outstanding all-round performances which included some superb batting and excellent bowling.
- AB de Villiers was unable to repeat his heroics but skipper Dawid Malan stepped up to hit a sensational 117 from 57 balls which contained 11 fours and seven sixes, and their talented bowling attack were then able to restrict Surrey 37 runs short, and they continue to have plenty of their players stepping up and performing close to their best.
- The spin duo of Mujeeb Ur Rahman and Nathan Sowter continue to play well and make it difficult for opponents and they have complemented the bowling attack of Roland-Jones, Helm and Finn, and it is highly likely that they will name an unchanged side for this match given the two opening performances.
Middlesex have been one of the most impressive teams in the first couple of rounds of the T20 Blast but they face a tough challenge against Gloucestershire. The home side have only had one washed out match so far but they were in an excellent position in that game, and they continue to be a hugely underrated team in this format of the game. They will make it difficult for Middlesex and their star batsmen like Malan and De Villiers will not have it all their own way here. Combined with the fact that Middlesex have only beaten them once in 14 T20 matches, expect the home side to upset De Villiers and co.