Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Gloucestershire vs Kent Spitfires Preview & Prediction
When is Gloucestershire vs Kent Spitfires taking place? Wednesday 7th August, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Gloucestershire vs Kent Spitfires taking place? The Bristol County Ground, Bristol
What is the expected weather for Gloucestershire vs Kent Spitfires? 21c and sunshine forecast
What television channel is Gloucestershire vs Kent Spitfires on? Gloucestershire vs Kent Spitfires will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Gloucestershire vs Kent Spitfires? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Gloucestershire vs Kent Spitfires? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Gloucestershire W7, Kent Spitfires W8
Last meeting: Gloucestershire beat Kent Spitfires by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Gloucestershire sit on five points from their opening six matches as they have been thwarted twice by the weather and in their draw against Glamorgan so they need to get back to winning ways here to move up the South Group.
- They have lost their last two matches against Essex and Sussex, which has seen them slip down the table, and both of those were at home so they will be eager to pick up a win in front of their own fans in the third of three consecutive home games.
- Despite the recent setbacks, they are unlikely to make wholesale changes but they will be hoping for an improved bowling performance and for more from their opening batsmen as they have relied too heavily on their middle order in recent games.
- Kent Spitfires continued their impressive start to the 2019 T20 Blast campaign by winning their sixth match in seven games on Sunday, edging past Hampshire in a low-scoring game with one ball to spare.
- Adam Milne was the star with both bat and ball in that match as he took three wickets and smashed 12 from four balls to win the game, and they also have Mohammad Nabi and Hardus Viljoen in fine form right now.
- Given their outstanding form, the likelihood is that any changes will be purely rotational while there is an outside chance England may release Joe Denly to get some playing time given the next Ashes Test is a week away.
Kent Spitfires have been the standout team in the South Group of the T20 Blast so far this season and they will be confident of keeping this fine run of form going. They travel to Bristol to face Gloucestershire, who have lost their last two matches and need to snap this losing streak. Gloucestershire's season has been somewhat stop-start so far due to the inclement weather affecting their early matches but they are better than their league position suggests. With motivation on their side, they are capable of upsetting the Spitfires and claiming an unexpected victory.