Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Gloucestershire vs Hampshire Preview & Prediction
When is Gloucestershire vs Hampshire taking place? Tuesday 13th August, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Gloucestershire vs Hampshire taking place? The Bristol County Ground, Bristol
What is the expected weather for Gloucestershire vs Hampshire? 18c with sunshine forecast all day
What television channel is Gloucestershire vs Hampshire on? Gloucestershire vs Hampshire will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Gloucestershire vs Hampshire? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Gloucestershire vs Hampshire? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Gloucestershire W1, Hampshire W7, No result 1
Last meeting: Hampshire beat Gloucestershire by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Gloucestershire narrowly lost to rival Middlesex by nine runs on Sunday and they now face another direct rival for a top-four place in Hampshire as the race for a knockout spot heats up in the South Group.
- They ultimately fell to an impressive knock by Middlesex skipper Dawid Malan who walloped an unbeaten 91 from 59 balls, but they will have felt that they were short with the bat and unable to penetrate with the ball, so they will need an all-round improvement against Hampshire.
- They were without star all-rounder Benny Howell after he sustained a hamstring injury prior to that match and he is likely to be missing yet again here which does upset the balance of the team and reduces their quality in both batting and bowling departments.
- After three consecutive wins, Hampshire have lost their last two matches and they have to get back to winning ways quickly if they are to challenge for the top four places in the South Group and that has to start here against a direct rival for those spots.
- Mason Crane is struggling with a side strain and that was the reason why he missed the defeat to Somerset, but they will need some of their other experienced bowlers to step up in his absence as they had no real answer to Babar Azam’s unbeaten century last time out.
- The batting also needs to improve as they have struggled to 135 all out and 69/6 in their last two games – the latter being brought to an end by the rain – but the likes of Rossouw, Vince, Dawson, Northeast and Morris all need to step up in this crunch match.
These two teams are sitting outside the top four places but know they have to string a couple of wins together to catapult them into contention. Both teams are coming into the game off defeats, but it is Gloucestershire who have been producing the better performances of late. It is the visitors however who have dominated the head-to-head in recent times. With little to choose between the two sides, it could come down to the likely absence of Gloucestershire’s star all-rounder Benny Howell, and if he is missing, that could tip this match in favour of the visitors.