Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Glamorgan vs Gloucestershire Preview & Prediction
When is Glamorgan vs Gloucestershire taking place? Thursday 1st August, 19:00 (UK)
Where is Glamorgan vs Gloucestershire taking place? Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
What is the expected weather for Glamorgan vs Gloucestershire? 22c with sun and cloudy intervals
What television channel is Glamorgan vs Gloucestershire on? Glamorgan vs Gloucestershire will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Glamorgan vs Gloucestershire? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Glamorgan vs Gloucestershire? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Glamorgan W12, Gloucestershire W13, No result 6
Last meeting: No result
THE TEAM NEWS
- Glamorgan sit rock bottom of the South Group with just a solitary point from a washed out game from their opening four matches so they desperately need to snap this poor run of form if they are to have any hope of reaching the knockout phase.
- The batting has been their major weakness in the last three matches especially as they were reduced to 96/8 by Gloucestershire before the weather salvaged a point for them. They were then bowled out for a miserable 44 by Surrey, and then Middlesex bowled them out for 136.
- Overseas star Fakhar Zaman has struggled in his opening two matches with scores of 17 and a duck and, now he has had more time to settle in, they will be hoping for a much bigger contribution from him, although the same could be said for skipper Colin Ingram who needs a big score desperately.
- Only one of Gloucestershire’s three matches so far has been completed and they did manage to win that one against Middlesex, but they will feel they have the moral victory from the washed out reverse fixture against Glamorgan when they had them in the perilous position of 96/8 before the rain intervened.
- With that in mind, the only real issue facing the Gloucestershire team is a lack of playing time in the middle but they have impressed in the short amount time that they have been active.
- With their small squad and no injuries to report of, there is a strong chance that they name an unchanged side for this match where they will be desperate to play and demonstrate their superiority over Glamorgan once again.
Glamorgan’s form is miserable right now and they have made the worst start of any team in either the South or North Groups. Their batting has been truly awful and they come up against an underrated yet quality Gloucestershire bowling unit. The visitors were well on course to win the reverse game almost two weeks ago before the rain came, and while their last match was also washed out against Essex, they have shown enough to suggest they are a much better side than Glamorgan. With form and confidence on their side, expect Gloucestershire to inflict another defeat on the hosts.