When is Glamorgan vs Essex Eagles taking place? Friday 9th August, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Glamorgan vs Essex Eagles taking place? Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
What is the expected weather for Glamorgan vs Essex Eagles? 19c but extended periods of rain could result in little or no play
What television channel is Glamorgan vs Essex Eagles on? Glamorgan vs Essex Eagles will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Glamorgan vs Essex Eagles? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Glamorgan vs Essex Eagles? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Glamorgan W4, Essex Eagles W8, No Result 2
Last meeting: Glamorgan beat Essex Eagles by 6 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Glamorgan’s miserable T20 Blast campaign continued as they were hammered by Sussex Sharks to make it seven matches without a win with the quarter-finals surely beyond them even at this early stage.
- They managed 146/9 from their 20 overs but the loss of regular wickets after a decent start curtailed their chances and a poor bowling display saw Sussex easily chase down their total after just 13.5 overs in the nine-wicket demolition.
- Opener David Lloyd scored his second half-century of this year’s competition and he will have the unenviable task of trying to guide his side to their first win whilst this will not be Fakhar Zaman’s last game after he extended his stay by a further three matches.
- Essex Eagles suffered a heavy defeat at the hands of Hampshire as their bid to make the knockout stages of the T20 Blast took a blow as they failed to build on their win over Gloucestershire.
- The Eagles have only won two of their seven games and need to turn their form around quickly following the 114-run loss to Somerset as Essex were skittled for just 111 in their pursuit of 226.
- Essex have named an unchanged 14-man squad and may well name the same XI despite their latest loss although Shane Snater will be hoping he is recalled after missing out against Hampshire.
Glamorgan have not won a single one of their seven matches in the T20 Blast so far and are already struggling to get out of the group stage. They host an Essex side here that have not had the best of starts either but will be right in the mix to progress to the quarter-finals with a victory in this one. They were soundly beaten in their last game but so were Glamorgan and it is difficult to see the home side ending their drought just yet.