Vitality t20 Blast 2019 Final – Worcestershire Rapids vs Essex Eagles Preview & Prediction
When is Worcestershire Rapids vs Essex Eagles taking place? Saturday 21st September, 18:45 (UK)
Where is Worcestershire Rapids vs Essex Eagles taking place? Edgbaston, Birmingham
What is the expected weather for Worcestershire Rapids vs Essex Eagles? 24c and glorious sunshine forecast all day
What television channel is Worcestershire Rapids vs Essex Eagles on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Worcestershire Rapids vs Essex Eagles? Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Worcestershire Rapids vs Essex Eagles? Tickets can still be purchased for the T20 Blast Finals Day here!
All-time meetings: N/A
Last meeting: N/A
THE TEAM NEWS
- Defending champions Worcestershire Rapids pulled off a miraculous and unlikely win in the semi-final as they managed to defend 147/9 by a single run when it looked highly likely that the Notts Outlaws would comfortably chase it down.
- The Rapids will know they will have to bat much better in the final and they have plenty of room for improvement as the likes of Hamish Rutherford and Moeen Ali will both be expecting to make bigger contributions here.
- Star men Pat Brown and Moeen Ali were outstanding with the ball and with the Outlaws needing 11 from the last two overs, the penultimate over by Brown was key in giving Parnell something to defend in the final over and those two will be vital if they are to win the T20 Blast for a second consecutive season.
- Essex Eagles produced a stunning bowling display to rip the Derbyshire Falcons’ strong batting line-up apart as they comfortably defended their total of 160/5 batting first thanks to Nijjar and Harmer’s quality bowling.
- Westley and Delport set the tone for the victory with some superb batting to make a fast start and even though the Falcons dragged the run rate back, it was left to the Eagles’ bowling unit to win the match for them.
- The Eagles will target a fast start with the bat once again here while they will surely learn from the semi-final and demand their fast bowlers to take the pace of the ball as that that has proved the tactic in both matches so far.
Contrasting matches in the semi-finals which saw these two teams reach the final as the Rapids scraped through in unlikely circumstances, while the Eagles cruised to victory. In many ways that win for the Rapids may tune them up nicely for a tight game in the final as they look to defend their crown. So much depends on the Essex top order and if they can fire as they did in the semi-final. That said, the Rapids still look the more complete of the two teams and they can win an unprecedented second consecutive T20 Blast.