When is Essex Eagles vs Glamorgan taking place? Friday 16th August, 19:00 (UK)
Where is Essex Eagles vs Glamorgan taking place? The Cloudfm County Ground, Chelmsford
What is the expected weather for Essex Eagles vs Glamorgan? 17c but a very high chance of rain that could ruin the chance of play
What television channel is Essex Eagles vs Glamorgan on? Essex Eagles vs Glamorgan will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Essex Eagles vs Glamorgan? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Essex Eagles vs Glamorgan? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Essex Eagles W8, Glamorgan W4, No result 3
Last meeting: Essex Eagles vs Glamorgan – no result
THE TEAM NEWS
- Essex Eagles were left to rue the weather once again as they had a second successive game washed out, this time against Middlesex where the weather was bad enough to prevent a single ball being bowled.
- That was the third game that Essex were unable to try and earn a result from so far this year and they will be hoping for better luck here as they look to build on the two wins they have earned so far.
- Sam Cook could come into the Essex line-up following a spell on the sidelines through injury although he may be held back for County Championship action instead with a game against Kent just two days after this one.
- Glamorgan’s game with Kent was a washout which means it is now 10 games without a win in the South Group and will leave qualification for the quarter-finals extremely difficult to accomplish.
- It has been a miserable campaign for Glamorgan and that has been matched by the weather at times with three of their games now washed out without a result being able to be achieved.
- Glamorgan have named an unchanged 13-man squad for this game but batsman Kiran Carlson may come into the side if he can prove his fitness whilst it will be Pakistan’s Fakhar Zaman’s last game for the club in this year’s competition.
Both of these teams have had three games washed out by the weather so far and they might suffer another abandonment here. If a result is achievable, Essex will be under pressure to find a win at home against a Glamorgan side without a win to their name so far. The quarter-finals are still within Essex’s reach but they must start winning soon and they cannot afford to slip-up in games that they should win with this being one of them.