Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Durham Jets vs Yorkshire Vikings Preview & Prediction
When is Durham Jets vs Yorkshire Vikings taking place? Friday 23rd August, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Durham Jets vs Yorkshire Vikings taking place? Emirates Riverside, Chester-le-Street
What is the expected weather for Durham Jets vs Yorkshire Vikings? 21c with some clouds in the sky but little chance of rain
What television channel is Durham Jets vs Yorkshire Vikings on? Durham Jets vs Yorkshire Vikings will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Durham Jets vs Yorkshire Vikings? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Durham Jets vs Yorkshire Vikings? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Durham Jets W13, Yorkshire Vikings W16, No result 2
Last meeting: Yorkshire Vikings vs Durham Jets – no result
THE TEAM NEWS
- Durham Jets suffered a second washout in the space of three matches and after falling to a narrow defeat against Worcestershire Rapids in their last game, they will be keen to try and find some form as the group stage draws to a crucial point.
- The Jets are right in the mix for a quarter-final spot but they have lost more games than they have won in this year’s t20 Blast so far and must rectify that if they are to progress to the knockout stages, starting with this game over the side at the bottom of the North Group in Yorkshire.
- Durham have two of the competition’s top run-scorers in their ranks with D’Arcy Short sitting in fourth spot with 368 and Scott Steel backing him up with 275 and they will be key to helping their side get back to winning ways.
- Yorkshire Vikings are running out of games to turn their competition around as their game with Durham Jets was washed out in what was their fourth game without a result being possible so far this year.
- The Vikings are currently propping up the North Group standings with just one win to their name and whilst they are not out of the running for the quarter-finals, they will have to put a winning run together sooner rather than later.
- Keshav Maharaj disappointed in his first T20 appearance for Yorkshire against Derbyshire but his performance in the second innings against Notts in the County Championship should give him some confidence ahead of this game.
Yorkshire Vikings cannot afford to lose any further ground on the teams chasing a quarter-final berth if they are to give themselves a chance of making the last eight. They have struggled in this year’s competition so far but a win in the County Championship this week could give them a much-needed confidence boost. They will have to overcome a Durham side that are capable of posting a big score but are yet to really get going so far although this could be their chance to cut loose in front of what looks set to be a bumper crowd.