Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Durham Jets vs Notts Outlaws Preview & Prediction
When is Durham Jets vs Notts Outlaws taking place? Sunday 11th August, 14:30 (UK)
Where is Durham Jets vs Notts Outlaws taking place? Emirates Riverside, Chester-le-Street
What is the expected weather for Durham Jets vs Notts Outlaws? 15c but any play will be lucky if the rain falls as expected
What television channel is Durham Jets vs Notts Outlaws on? Durham Jets vs Notts Outlaws will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Durham Jets vs Notts Outlaws? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Durham Jets vs Notts Outlaws? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Durham Jets W10, Notts Outlaws W13, No Result 4
Last meeting: Durham Jets beat Notts Outlaws by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Durham Jets got back to winning ways as they managed to hold on to beat Derbyshire for an important win in the North Group that ensured the Jets remained in a spot for the quarter-finals but they will know they need to put a winning run together.
- One of Durham’s overseas starts was the key man as Australian D’Arcy Short as he scored his third half-century of this year’s competition as he hit a superb 68 from 48 balls to get his side off to a strong start on the way to 160/5 from their 20 overs.
- Youngster Liam Trevaskis produced an important spell with the ball as he finished with figures of 3-16 from his four overs as the Jets held on for a seven-run win and they look set to field the same XI here.
- Notts Outlaws once again bounced back from defeat as they managed to get back to winning ways by defeating Birmingham Bears for the second time in quick succession in a match hampered by rain.
- The Outlaws did a good job of restricting the Bears to just 119/9 from their 20 overs but with Notts were only able to get 11 overs in before the rain hit and they claimed the win under the D/L method.
- Joe Clarke hit 47 from 32 balls to get his side in front of the required rate and he played a key in his team’s 28-run win which helped them leapfrog Worcestershire into second place in the North Group and they could field an unchanged XI thanks to that win.
This is an important game between two teams at the top of the North Group with Durham and Notts separated by just one point. The race for the quarter-finals is becoming really intense below leaders Lancashire and any slip-up could be pivotal. Both teams have some strong batting options and that could be crucial if the weather forces a reduced-overs game but it’s Notts who can come out on top if there is a result with their bowling line-up able to keep Durham in check.