Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Durham Jets vs Leicestershire Foxes Preview & Prediction
When is Durham Jets vs Leicestershire Foxes taking place? Wednesday 31st July, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Durham Jets vs Leicestershire Foxes taking place? Emirates Riverside, Chester-le-Street
What is the expected weather for Durham Jets vs Leicestershire Foxes? 18c and 75% chance of rain during the match
What television channel is Durham Jets vs Leicestershire Foxes on? Durham Jets vs Leicestershire Foxes will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Durham Jets vs Leicestershire Foxes? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Durham Jets vs Leicestershire Foxes? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Durham Jets W15, Leicestershire Foxes W12, No result 4
Last meeting: Durham Jets beat Leicestershire Foxes by 9 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Durham Jets are coming off a hammering against defending champions Worcestershire Rapids but they have back-to-back home matches this week which they will be targeting wins from to move up a congested North Group table.
- With Cameron Bancroft ruled out due to international duty with Australia for the remainder of the summer, the club have moved to sign Peter Handscombe and the Aussie will sit in the middle order and join compatriot D’Arcy Short in the team.
- The bowling unit was taken apart by the Rapids’ openers as they conceded 184 from just 12.1 overs so they will have to improve although they will take heart from the fact their batsmen hammered the Foxes in the reverse fixture just last week.
- Leicestershire Foxes picked up their first win of the T20 Blast season last week in a rain-affected match against Notts Outlaws, as their total of 125/3 from 11 overs proved too much for the Outlaws in that match.
- Arron Lilley was the star man in that match as he smashed 66 from 30 balls and the big hitting Lancastrian is proving to be a shrewd acquisition as he is contributing with both bat and ball and easing the burden on skipper Colin Ackermann.
- With that in mind, the likelihood is that Leicestershire will name an unchanged line-up but they know they have to improve drastically with the ball, especially compared to when the Jets smashed them around last week at home.
Durham Jets continue to play some inconsistent cricket as they are sensational one game and dreadful the next. They were sensational, though, in their last win against the Foxes who they replay here and their batting especially relished playing against the Foxes' bowling attack. Leicestershire have their first win under their belts at the fifth time of asking but the rain-reduced match against Notts may arguably have helped them. They have struggled over 20 overs and there is little evidence, other than a boost in confidence, to suggest they can reverse the result from last week and avoid another defeat here.