Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Durham Jets vs Lancashire Lightning Preview & Prediction
When is Durham Jets vs Lancashire Lightning taking place? Friday 2nd August, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Durham Jets vs Lancashire Lightning taking place? Emirates Riverside, Chester-le-Street
What is the expected weather for Durham Jets vs Lancashire Lightning? 17c with cloud but no rain forecast
What television channel is Durham Jets vs Lancashire Lightning on? Durham Jets vs Lancashire Lightning will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Durham Jets vs Lancashire Lightning? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Durham Jets vs Lancashire Lightning? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Durham Jets W7, Lancashire Lightning W20, Tied 1, No result 3
Last meeting: Lancashire Lightning beat Durham Jets by 72 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Durham notched their third win of this year’s competition as they comfortably defeated Leicestershire thanks to a superb batting display from their openers which saw them claim an eight-wicket win.
- After restricting Leicestershire to 142/7, the opening pair of D’Arcy Short and Graham Clark put on 118 for the first wicket to do most of the damage with Short finishing on 70 whilst Clark was 59*.
- After a solid performance against Leicestershire with their batting proving to be a real handful, the Jets could name an unchanged line-up for this contest as they look for a fourth win in the North Group.
- Lancashire’s game with Derbyshire was wiped out without a ball being bowled but it did keep the Lightning’s unbeaten record intact as they moved on to eight competition points with three wins and two no results to their name.
- That point helped Lancashire retain their place at the top of the North Group and a win against one of their nearest rivals here would leave them in the driving seat to qualify for the knockout stages.
- Following their unbeaten start to the competition, an unchanged line-up look to be on the agenda once again which would see the Lightning name the same side for the third match running.
This should be a superb contest between two of the teams in the top three of the North Group. Durham’s batting ranks look impressive with Peter Handscomb joining D’Arcy Short in the side with that pair capable of winning any game but they will need to be at their best to topple Lancashire. Nobody has beaten the Lightning yet and they look strong across the board which could see them edge this one to extend their unbeaten run at the start of this tournament.