Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Durham Jets vs Birmingham Bears Preview & Prediction
When is Durham Jets vs Birmingham Bears taking place? Tuesday 27th August, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Durham Jets vs Birmingham Bears taking place? Emirates Riverside, Chester-le-Street
What is the expected weather for Durham Jets vs Birmingham Bears? 22c but there is a good chance of rain that could cause disruptions to play
What television channel is Durham Jets vs Birmingham Bears on? Durham Jets vs Birmingham Bears will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Durham Jets vs Birmingham Bears? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Durham Jets vs Birmingham Bears? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Durham Jets W2, Birmingham Bears W7, No result 0
Last meeting: Durham Jets beat Birmingham Bears by 18 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Durham Jets lost a tight game to Yorkshire Vikings and because of that result and subsequent ones elsewhere, the Jets face a virtually impossible task to qualify for the knockout stages.
- The Jets need to win their final two matches and hope results fall their way in other games but they also need to produce a significant swing in run rate over Worcestershire Rapids and will hope to make a start on that as they face bottom-of-the-table Birmingham Bears.
- D’Arcy Short and Scott Steel got their side off to a strong start against Yorkshire but their efforts were in vain and if Durham are to have any chance of making it into the quarter-finals, that pair will again have to let their hands go.
- Birmingham Bears went down to a second loss in a row with their defeat against Northamptonshire Steelbacks sending them to the foot of the North Group and ensuring that they cannot progress to the knockout stages.
- The Bears suffered a four-wicket defeat as the Steelbacks chased down the 151 they had been set with just two balls remaining as Birmingham were punished for a slow start with the bat having scored just 60 runs from the first 10 overs.
- With Birmingham’s fate already decided, they could give George Garrett a T20 debut after he was named in the squad for the first time but there is no place for injured pair Adam Hose and Henry Brookes.
Durham Jets still have a chance of progressing to the last-eight of the T20 Blast but need a minor miracle. Their 14-run loss to Yorkshire could prove vital as their run chase fell short thanks to a terrible batting collapse having gone from 106/2 to 132 all out. A much better effort is required here against a Birmingham side that cannot reach the knockout stages. Durham will have to improve significantly from their last showing but they have it in them to claim what could be an important win.