Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Derbyshire Falcons vs Worcestershire Rapids Preview & Prediction
When is Derbyshire Falcons vs Worcestershire Rapids taking place? Tuesday 13th August, 19:00 (UK)
Where is Derbyshire Falcons vs Worcestershire Rapids taking place? The Pattonair County Ground, Derby
What is the expected weather for Derbyshire Falcons vs Worcestershire Rapids? 18c with sunshine forecast all day
What television channel is Derbyshire Falcons vs Worcestershire Rapids on? Derbyshire Falcons vs Worcestershire Rapids will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Derbyshire Falcons vs Worcestershire Rapids? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Derbyshire Falcons vs Worcestershire Rapids? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Derbyshire Falcons W5, Worcestershire Rapids W9, No result 1
Last meeting: Worcestershire Rapids beat Derbyshire Falcons by 2 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Despite sitting second from bottom in the North Group, Derbyshire Falcons are only two points behind Durham Jets in fourth place so there is everything to play for as the Falcons welcome the defending champions.
- The Falcons are coming off arguably their best performance in the tournament this season as they beat Yorkshire Vikings by 55 runs on Sunday after they amassed 207/5 when batting first thanks to quick-fire knocks from Wayne Madsen and Leus du Plooy and then Logan van Beek took 4/17 to seal the win.
- Following the outstanding performance and win, there is a strong chance that they will name an unchanged starting team although they may switch Boyd Ranking out after his expensive two overs and minimal impact in that game.
- The Rapids were frustrated on Sunday as their match against Northamptonshire Steelbacks was abandoned without a ball being bowled so they will be desperate to get out in the middle here after they lost their last completed game against Leicestershire Foxes.
- They come into this match in third place in the North Group but they are fully aware of the cluster of teams right behind them competing for the top four places so it is imperative they get back to winning ways here.
- All-rounder George Rhodes will leave the club at the end of the season to join Leicestershire so there is a chance that while he will remain at the club in the short term, it would be no surprise if he dropped out of the side for this match.
There is plenty on the line in this match and little to choose between the two teams. The Rapids have the pedigree and star quality, but the Falcons are somewhat underrated and have form on their side after an excellent win over Yorkshire on Sunday. They welcome the Rapids who will be stung by a loss and a washed out game, and one would expect to see a reaction from the likes of Guptill and Ferguson. They ultimately may have just too much firepower for the Falcons but this really is a game that could go either way.