Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Derbyshire Falcons vs Notts Outlaws Preview & Prediction
When is Derbyshire Falcons vs Notts Outlaws taking place? Friday 26th July, 19:00 (UK)
Where is Derbyshire Falcons vs Notts Outlaws taking place? The Pattonair County Ground, Derby
What is the expected weather for Derbyshire Falcons vs Notts Outlaws? 23c with cloud and an increasing chance of rain in the evening which may affect play
What television channel is Derbyshire Falcons vs Notts Outlaws on? Derbyshire Falcons vs Notts Outlaws will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Derbyshire Falcons vs Notts Outlaws? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Derbyshire Falcons vs Notts Outlaws? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Derbyshire Falcons W20, Notts Outlaws W7, No result 3
Last meeting: Notts Outlaws beat Derbyshire Falcons by 9 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Derbyshire Falcons were comfortably beaten in Birmingham by the Bears last time out as they fell 49 runs short chasing a formidable 205/5 and despite Leus du Plooy’s impressive 70 from 43 balls, not enough of their batsmen contributed for them to challenge.
- They are unlikely to overreact from that loss as they were impressive when beating Yorkshire in their previous match but it did show the importance of skipper Billy Godleman at the top of the order anchoring the innings, so they will hope he can regain some form here.
- Anuj Dal has been added to the 14-man squad for this match and they may consider bringing him, Lace or Hughes into the side but it is difficult to see more than one change to the eleven if at all.
- After an opening defeat followed by a washed-out game, they bounced back nicely last time out by comfortably disposing of the Steelbacks, and they will look to push on now and move up the North Group ladder.
- Coach Peter Moores has named an unchanged squad for this match and after producing a strong all-round display against Northamptonshire, they are fairly certain to name the same set of eleven players for this game.
- The Outlaws will be confident of victory against the Falcons having won their last six completed matches against them in the T20 format and with their key men like Hales, Christian, and Gurney improving with every game, they will expect another win here.
Derbyshire Falcons on their day have shown that they can compete with any team in the tournament but they have a tough opponent here in the Outlaws. The visitors impressed last time out with some of their key figures looking stronger by the game. The Falcons struggled a little last time out and they need their batting unit to step up and multiple players to produce the goods rather than individuals. While the Falcons could push them all the way, the Outlaws just have the edge with both bat and ball on paper that should lead them to victory.