Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Derbyshire Falcons vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks Preview & Prediction
When is Derbyshire Falcons vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks taking place? Friday 23rd August, 19:00 (UK)
Where is Derbyshire Falcons vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks taking place? The Pattonair County Ground, Derby
What is the expected weather for Derbyshire Falcons vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks? 23c and partly cloudy but there is next to no chance of rain
What television channel is Derbyshire Falcons vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks on? Derbyshire Falcons vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Derbyshire Falcons vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Derbyshire Falcons vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Derbyshire Falcons W4, Northamptonshire Steelbacks W7, No result 4
Last meeting: Derbyshire Falcons beat Northamptonshire Steelbacks by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Derbyshire Falcons’ game against Notts Outlaws was abandoned as the weather accounted for any play and with the North Group becoming extremely competitive, they will be desperate to get the win here.
- They host Northamptonshire Steelbacks who have just two wins to their name so far in this competition but owing to points picked up from no results, the gap between the teams is just two points.
- Derbyshire have been very inconsistent in this year’s Blast and they will be looking for the likes of Ravi Rampaul to lead from the front with the West Indian taking 16 wickets so far at an average of 15.75.
- Northamptonshire Steelbacks are still stuck on just two wins in this year’s t20 Blast following another abandonment which means that three of their last four scheduled matches have not seen a result.
- Those points have kept the Steelbacks in contention for a quarter-final berth but they need to start adding more wins if they are to remain in the mix with just one team currently below them in the North Group.
- Rob Keogh has done well with the bat when given the chance in this year’s Blast and he will be hoping for more time at the crease as he currently possesses an average of 67 which is one of the highest in the competition.
Derbyshire Falcons host Northamptonshire Steelbacks in an important fixture in the North Group. Only two points separate the teams but they are four places apart in the table which highlights how tight the race for the last eight is. Neither side particularly inspire confidence but the Steelbacks are yet to win away from home in this year’s competition and that could be crucial with the Falcons able to claim the victory on home soil.