Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Derbyshire Falcons vs Leicestershire Foxes Preview & Prediction
When is Derbyshire Falcons vs Leicestershire Foxes taking place? Thursday 15th August, 19:00 (UK)
Where is Derbyshire Falcons vs Leicestershire Foxes taking place? The Pattonair County Ground, Derby
What is the expected weather for Derbyshire Falcons vs Leicestershire Foxes? 17c and sunny with a moderate breeze
What television channel is Derbyshire Falcons vs Leicestershire Foxes on? Derbyshire Falcons vs Leicestershire Foxes will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Derbyshire Falcons vs Leicestershire Foxes? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Derbyshire Falcons vs Leicestershire Foxes? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Derbyshire W9, Leicestershire W17, No result 4
Last meeting: No Result
THE TEAM NEWS
- In their last Vitality Blast outing, Derbyshire secured their second win in a row with an impressive 20-run victory against reigning champions Worcestershire Rapids which saw them rise to 4th in the North Group.
- Openers Luis Reece and Billy Godleman both shone with the bat, scoring 51 and 92 respectively to put on a 135-run partnership for the first wicket against the Rapids, and the contributions of both openers will be key once again in this game.
- Leg-spinner Matt Critchley celebrated his 23rd birthday in style, taking 4 wickets for 36 runs and his ability to take wickets at crucial stages will be vital to the Falcons’ chances of winning a third game in succession here.
- Leicestershire had a lucky escape in their last Vitality Blast game against Northampton, the rain curtailing proceedings with Northants 16/0 chasing 138 to win, giving the Foxes a point to move to 7th in the North Group.
- The rain meant that captain Colin Ackermann is yet to have a bowl following his world record T20 figures of 7/18 against Birmingham Bears last week and he will be looking to back up that performance here against the Falcons.
- With the northern group so tightly bunched together, only a point separates Leicestershire from the top four and a win here would be crucial with only two games remaining before they take a break from Vitality Blast action to compete in the County Championship.
Both teams have found some good form heading into this fixture, with Derbyshire winning their last two games and Leicestershire picking up five points from their last three matches. This is expected to be a tight game, with the bowling of Ackermann coming up against the top order hitting of Reece and Godleman. In the end, that batting power along with home advantage should be enough to see the Derbyshire Falcons win their third game in a row to establish themselves in the North Group’s top four spots.