Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Derbyshire Falcons vs Durham Jets Preview & Prediction
When is Derbyshire Falcons vs Durham Jets taking place? Friday 9th August, 19:00 (UK)
Where is Derbyshire Falcons vs Durham Jets taking place? The Pattonair County Ground, Derby
What is the expected weather for Derbyshire Falcons vs Durham Jets? 20c but rain could hit during the game
What television channel is Derbyshire Falcons vs Durham Jets on? Derbyshire Falcons vs Durham Jets will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Derbyshire Falcons vs Durham Jets? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Derbyshire Falcons vs Durham Jets? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Derbyshire Falcons W7, Derbyshire Falcons W10, No Result 5
Last meeting: Durham Jets vs Derbyshire Falcons – no result
THE TEAM NEWS
- After winning their first game of this year’s T20 Blast, Derbyshire had to wait until their sixth match for their second win as they saw off Northamptonshire in what was a fairly comfortable victory.
- The Falcons were six-wicket winners as they chased down 181 with West Indian Ravi Rampaul producing a fine display as he took 3-17 from his four overs before a half-century from opener Luis Reece was complemented by an unbeaten 59 from veteran Wayne Madsen.
- Several of the Derbyshire players featured for their 2nd XI on Thursday as they looked to get more playing time under their belts and Alex Hughes was one to benefit as he notched 61 off just 28 balls batting up the order at three.
- Durham Jets suffered a second successive defeat as they lost to Northamptonshire by 21 runs last time out.
- Chasing a modest total of 146 for the win after a decent bowling display, the batsmen could not follow suit as they fell short in their run chase after losing regular wickets which prevented them from finding the runs they needed late on.
- Peter Handscomb produced his best score for Durham in this year’s tournament as he scored an unbeaten 65 and was the mainstay of the Jets’ innings with his teammates needing to give him more support in this one.
Derbyshire still sit bottom of the North Group but after finally winning their second game of this year’s tournament, they will be hoping to back that up here as they host Durham. The Jets suffered defeat last time out in a game they will feel they threw away and with the table becoming very congested, any loss is greatly felt. The game could be affected by the weather but if an outcome is possible, the home side can edge it to make it back-to-back wins.