Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Birmingham Bears vs Yorkshire Vikings Preview & Prediction
When is Birmingham Bears vs Yorkshire Vikings taking place? Friday 30th August, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Birmingham Bears vs Yorkshire Vikings taking place? Edgbaston, Birmingham
What is the expected weather for Birmingham Bears vs Yorkshire Vikings? 20c with some clouds above but no rain is expected
What television channel is Birmingham Bears vs Yorkshire Vikings on? Birmingham Bears vs Yorkshire Vikings will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Birmingham Bears vs Yorkshire Vikings? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Birmingham Bears vs Yorkshire Vikings? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Birmingham Bears W6, Yorkshire Vikings W5, No Result 4
Last meeting: Yorkshire Vikings tied with Birmingham Bears
THE TEAM NEWS
- Birmingham Bears got back to winning ways after back-to-back defeats but it was not enough to keep them in the mix for a spot in the knockout stages and they will now host Yorkshire Vikings in a dead rubber.
- The Bears edged out Durham Jets by seven wickets with just a ball remaining under the D/L method in a game that cost an over for each team because of the weather with Ed Pollock’s 77 from 45 balls the difference.
- It was a major turnaround for Pollock on his return to the side after he had been dropped following knocks of 27, 0, 0 and 3 and that will see him retain his place for this final game of the competition for the Bears.
- Yorkshire Vikings put in a complete performance as they hammered Northamptonshire Steelbacks but it has come too late in the competition with qualification to the quarter-finals out of their reach.
- Adam Lyth and skipper Tom Kohler-Cadmore put on 88 for the first-wicket with both managing to bring up 50 before they departed to post 187/7 which was their second-highest score in this year’s competition.
- Youngster Jack Shutt added another two wickets to his tally whilst Keshav Maharaj finally took his first wicket in this year’s tournament in his fourth game as Yorkshire skittled their opponents for just 107 to complete an 80-run victory.
Both Birmingham Bears and Yorkshire Vikings will be playing for pride in their final game of the t20 Blast. Neither side can qualify but it will be the Bears who are most disappointed with Yorkshire hampered by injuries which has not helped their chances. They have one final chance to go out on a high and with the pressure off, it could be an entertaining clash with the visitors able to claim the win having shown some good signs in their last three games.