Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Birmingham Bears vs Notts Outlaws Preview & Prediction
When is Birmingham Bears vs Notts Outlaws taking place? Friday 9th August, 19:00 (UK)
Where is Birmingham Bears vs Notts Outlaws taking place? Edgbaston, Birmingham
What is the expected weather for Birmingham Bears vs Notts Outlaws? 19c with heavy rain expected that could make play difficult
What television channel is Birmingham Bears vs Notts Outlaws on? Birmingham Bears vs Notts Outlaws will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Birmingham Bears vs Notts Outlaws? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Birmingham Bears vs Notts Outlaws? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Birmingham Bears W7, Notts Outlaws W9, No Result 0
Last meeting: Notts Outlaws beat Birmingham Bears by 71 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Birmingham Bears have now failed to win any of their last four matches as they succumbed to a heavy defeat against Leicestershire as they were bowled out in their run chase for the second time in three matches.
- The Bears were bowled out for 134 as they chased 190 for the win against Leicestershire to fall to a 55-run loss as Sam Hain’s 61 proved in vain as his side were on the end of a world record bowling effort from Colin Ackermann who took seven wickets.
- Australian left-arm spinner Ashton Agar will be missing for the rest of the tournament after he suffered a small fracture to his right ankle whilst warming-up against Yorkshire on Sunday.
- Notts Outlaws had looked set to condemn Lancashire Lightning to their first defeat of this year’s competition but they fell agonisingly short of their target after losing two wickets in the final over.
- Needing 152 to win, Notts got themselves into a good position with skipper Daniel Christian looking like he would guide his side to the win but the lower order failed to support his unbeaten 41 as they lost by just three runs.
- Jake Ball has still been unable to force his way back into the side but will be hoping for a call-up after he was named in the 14-man squad and there is at least one place up for grabs from the last game with Zak Chappell dropping out.
Birmingham have now gone four games without a win and their capitulation last time out will cause panic in their ranks. They lost eight wickets for just 20 runs when looking well set to chase the total set by Leicestershire and will need to bounce back quickly. They face a tricky game against Notts who pushed North Group leaders Lancashire all the way in their last game. The Bears are stuck in a rut and it will not get any easier for them here with the Outlaws able to win this if a result can be reached in spite of the expected weather.