Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Birmingham Bears vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks Preview & Prediction
When is Birmingham Bears vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks taking place? Sunday 25th August, 14:30 (UK)
Where is Birmingham Bears vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks taking place? Edgbaston, Birmingham
What is the expected weather for Birmingham Bears vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks? 27c with bright sunshine and clear skies
What television channel is Birmingham Bears vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks on? Birmingham Bears vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Birmingham Bears vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Birmingham Bears vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Birmingham Bears W17, Northamptonshire Steelbacks W14, No Result 1
Last meeting: Northamptonshire Steelbacks beat Birmingham Bears by 21 runs (D/L method)
THE TEAM NEWS
- Birmingham Bears have a mountain to climb if they are to qualify for the knockout stages of the T20 Blast after they were hammered in their crucial clash against Worcestershire Rapids to leave them second from bottom in the North Group.
- Despite scoring 184/5, the Bears struggled with the ball and succumbed to a nine-wicket defeat as the Rapids reached their target with eight balls remaining meaning Birmingham will have to win-out from this point on to have any chance of progressing.
- Even three wins is unlikely to be enough as they will need plenty to go their way but they will need to make changes to their bowling attack to give themselves a chance of picking up wins with Alex Thomson’s place in the side likely to be under threat after a poor showing against the Rapids.
- Northamptonshire Steelbacks need a miracle to reach the last-eight of the T20 Blast after falling to the foot of the North Group thanks to a heavy defeat by nine-wickets to Derbyshire Falcons.
- The Steelbacks were skittled for just 100 in a dreadful display of batting with only Rob Keogh reaching the 20s whilst the batsmen from six down combined for just five runs to leave them with a poor total to defend.
- Derbyshire never looked in danger as they took their time to pick off the total with 17 balls remaining and the manner of that defeat may lead to more changes after Nathan Buck and Luke Proctor were omitted last time out.
These two teams occupy the bottom two places in the North Group and the loser will be eliminated. It is unlikely that either will be able to qualify at this point but a win would keep their slim hopes alive. Neither side instil confidence but the manner of Northamptonshire’s defeat last time out may be difficult for them to overcome and if Birmingham can post a similar score to their last game, they may be able to do a better job of defending it against the beleaguered Steelbacks.