Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Birmingham Bears vs Derbyshire Falcons Preview & Prediction
When is Birmingham Bears vs Derbyshire Falcons taking place? Wednesday 24th July, 19:00 (UK)
Where is Birmingham Bears vs Derbyshire Falcons taking place? Edgbaston, Birmingham
What is the expected weather for Birmingham Bears vs Derbyshire Falcons? 29c with sunshine forecast
What television channel is Birmingham Bears vs Derbyshire Falcons on? Birmingham Bears vs Derbyshire Falcons will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Birmingham Bears vs Derbyshire Falcons? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Birmingham Bears vs Derbyshire Falcons? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Birmingham Bears W5, Derbyshire Falcons W4
Last meeting: Derbyshire Falcons beat Birmingham Bears by 16 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Bears sit in second spot in the North Group table having picked up three points from their opening two matches as they come off a comprehensive victory over Leicestershire whom they beat by seven wickets and with more than five overs to spare.
- Overseas stars Ashton Agar and Fidel Edwards hit some top form in their first completed match with the West Indian taking three wickets in his first over to swing the match firmly in their favour, while Agar produced some economical bowling and then hit 41 runs from 28 balls to lead them to victory.
- The Bears bowled ten overs of spin last time out with Agar, Patel and Thomson combining well, but they will have to raise their performance another level against the Falcons who will pose them a tougher challenge.
- Derbyshire Falcons got off to a fine start in the 2019 T20 Blast as they overcame Yorkshire Vikings last week with a strong all-round display and they will look to carry that form into this match.
- Skipper Billy Godleman was the star with the bat hitting an unbeaten 70 which allowed the likes of Du Plooy, Reece, Critchley and Madsen to play the big shots and in worked a treat as they comfortably chased down the target of 165.
- They have named a 13-man squad for this match and the likelihood is that they will go unchanged from the impressive performance over Yorkshire and they will look to slow left-arm bowler Mark Watt for more inspiration after his 4-19 in his T20 debut last time out.
This promises to be a fascinating match between two teams that will harbour legitimate hopes of reaching the knockout phase. Both teams have started well but more can arguably be read into the Falcons win over Yorkshire than the Bears’ win over a poor Leicestershire side. The Falcons do not possess the star quality, but they have a strong underrated side that will compete in every game. They will fancy their chances here, but this really is a match that could go either way with little separating the two teams.