2019 T10 League – Maratha Arabians vs Qalandars 1st Qualifier Preview & Prediction
When is Maratha Arabians vs Qalandars taking place? Saturday 23rd November, 2019 – 11:30 (UK)
Where is Maratha Arabians vs Qalandars taking place? The Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
What is the expected weather for Maratha Arabians vs Qalandars? 26c and sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Maratha Arabians vs Qalandars on? This match will be televised live on FreeSports (Sky channel 422)
Where can I stream Maratha Arabians vs Qalandars? Subscribers of Premier Player can stream this match live
Where can I get tickets for Maratha Arabians vs Qalandars? Visit the official Abu Dhabi T10 website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Maratha Arabians beat Qalandars by 47 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Maratha Arabians have been the standout team in the group phase leading the way with nine points from their six matches and they are unbeaten in the tournament since losing their last match to Northern Warriors so momentum is strong.
- Kasun Rajitha came into the side last time out to face Bangla Tigers in place of Mitch McClenaghan and he took 2/18 in two impressive overs so there is every chance that he could retain his place for this qualifier.
- For once they did not have to rely on Chris Lynn to guide them to victory as Yuvraj Singh and Najibullah Zadran came into the middle order and produced the fireworks last time out, and they may go unchanged given how so many players are in top form right now.
- The Qalandars beat Delhi Bulls on Friday to take the final top four spot and they also leapfrogged Deccan Gladiators and Bangla Tigers thanks to their superior net run rate as all three were tied on seven points.
- This will be a big test for them as they have already lost once to the Arabians by 47 runs earlier in the tournament and they will have to improve drastically with the bat to have any chance of winning as they have only surpassed 112 once while Maratha have done so four times already.
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman and George Garton produced some sensational bowling last time out to grab the vital win over the Bulls as both had figures of 2/9 from their two overs and Garton continues to be the revelation of the tournament as leading wicket-taker with 11 from six matches.
The winner of this match moves directly into the final and Maratha Arabians will be confident of doing so against a team they have already beaten comfortably in the group phase. Their batting is arguably the best in the tournament so far and they have been heavily outscoring most other teams. The Qalandars’ batting just does not compared unless they can somehow find another level, but that will be tough against Malinga and company so the Arabians have to be fancied.