2019-20 Super Smash – Otago Volts vs Wellington Firebirds Preview & Prediction
When is Otago Volts vs Wellington Firebirds taking place? Saturday 21st December, 2019 – 03:10 (UK)
Where is Otago Volts vs Wellington Firebirds taking place? Basin Reserve, Wellington
What is the expected weather for Otago Volts vs Wellington Firebirds? 15c with sunshine and cloudy spells
What channel is Otago Volts vs Wellington Firebirds on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Otago Volts vs Wellington Firebirds? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Otago Volts vs Wellington Firebirds? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
THE TEAM NEWS
- Otago Volts have made an unbeaten start to their Super Smash campaign having won two games and their last match against Auckland Aces was washed out so there is plenty of confidence in the squad right now.
- The Volts were 55/2 after 7.4 overs on Thursday when the rain came down and washed that match against the Aces out but their batting in the previous two matches has been excellent so they will look to produce some fireworks here.
- They have fielded the same team for the first three matches in this tournament and it is highly likely that they will go unchanged once again here against the Firebirds given how well they have been playing.
- Wellington Firebirds slipped to defeat last time out against the Central Stags on Wednesday in what was legend Jeetan Patel’s final game with the club as he has moved into coaching with the England national team and they will have been disappointed not to have sealed a win for his swansong.
- The loss of Patel will be huge for the team as he has comfortably been their best bowler in the tournament so far and replacing him will be difficult as they desperately need star all-rounder Jimmy Neesham to improve his economy rate of 11.80 so far.
- The batting also needs to improve quickly as they are struggling to find any of their batsmen that are capable of converting their starts into bigger scores with none of them reaching 40 in the opening two games.
These two teams are relatively well matched and that should make for an excellent game here. Based on their opening games in the tournament, it is the Volts that have the edge in form in both batting and bowling departments. They have been scoring at a quicker rate and putting together bigger totals and their bowling attack have the edge in wicket-taking ability. The loss of Jeetan Patel is huge for the Firebirds and they may be on the receiving end of another defeat here.