When is Central Stags vs Otago Volts taking place? Saturday 11th January, 2020 – 03:10 (UK)
Where is Central Stags vs Otago Volts taking place? University Oval, Dunedin
What is the expected weather for Central Stags vs Otago Volts? 18c in cloudy skies but there is little chance of rain
What channel is Central Stags vs Otago Volts on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Central Stags vs Otago Volts? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Central Stags vs Otago Volts? https://premier.ticketek.co.nz/shows/show.aspx?sh=CRICKET20
THE TEAM NEWS
- Central Stags secured a vital win in their quest to defend their Super Smash title as they overcame Canterbury Kings to put themselves in a good position to advance to the finals but cannot afford to slip-up in their final game of the group stage.
- Dane Cleaver produced his best performance of the tournament as he scored 81 runs from just 51 deliveries as he helped his side to 181/8 and a strong bowling display from the Stags followed.
- It was a solid effort across the board but Blair Tickner took some key wickets as he ended with figures of 4-26 which helped to keep the Kings at bay with the Stags managing to hold on to win by 17 runs.
- Otago Volts suffered a huge loss which was their second defeat in a row and having looked comfortable in their pursuit of a spot in the finals, their place is now under severe threat ahead of this must-win game against Central Stags.
- The Volts got off to a poor start in their game with Wellington Firebirds with their top three in the order falling for a combined 15 runs and they needed 21-year-old Dean Foxcroft to dig them out of a hole as he rescued the innings by posting 82*.
- Having set the Firebirds 169 to win, the Volts’ bowling attack was knocked around the park and they failed to take a single wicket as they fell to defeat with 21 balls remaining.
Otago Volts will have to pick themselves up after an awful performance saw their place in the finals come under serious threat. They suffered a 10-wicket loss to Wellington Firebirds and now face Central Stags in a pivotal contest. A win for the Volts would see them secure a top three spot but defeat would hand the Stags the upper hand in the race for the finals. After such a poor display last time out, the Volts have plenty of improvements to make but the Stags have more match-winners in their side and should claim the vital win.