2019-20 Super Smash – Central Stags vs Northern Knights Preview & Prediction
When is Central Stags vs Northern Knights taking place? Friday 20th December, 2019 – 06:10 (UK)
Where is Central Stags vs Northern Knights taking place? Seddon Park, Hamilton
What is the expected weather for Central Stags vs Northern Knights? 20c with a high chance of showers
What channel is Central Stags vs Northern Knights on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Central Stags vs Northern Knights? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Central Stags vs Northern Knights? Ticket details can be found here!
THE TEAM NEWS
- It has been a strong start for the Central Stags who have won their opening two matches including one against their opponents here as they walloped the Northern Knights in the first game of this year’s tournament by 120 runs.
- Their batting has been the standout feature of their two wins so far as they have scored over 400 runs in the tournament so far and they have not relied on any particular batsmen with most of their top six contributing at some stage.
- They have named an unchanged 13-man squad and will likely go with the same eleven given how well they are playing. They will look to star spinner Ajaz Patel to continue his impressive form having taken 6/41 across the opening two matches.
- Northern Knights sit rock bottom of the Super Smash ladder having lost their first two matches and both defeats at the hands to Central Stags and Otago Volts have been pretty comprehensive so they desperately need to find some form quickly.
- They possess plenty of internationals in their ranks and the likes of Ish Sodhi, Tim Seifert, Daryl Mitchell, Anton Devcich and Scott Kuggeleijn have all been named in their squad for this match.
- Their bowling has been particularly disappointing in the tournament so far and they have to bowl more economically after conceding 221/5 and 198/9 in their opening two games so there may be changes in personnel while they need to sharpen up their play all-round to have any chance of winning.
Contrasting form for these two teams coming into this match as the Stags are flying right now while the Knights are struggling badly despite a star-studded line-up. The likelihood here is that rain will impact yet another Super Smash game but the Stags will fancy their chances if they do manage to squeeze a game around the rain forecast. Their batting has been outstanding so far while their bowling attack is far superior also. They have hammered the Knights once already in the tournament this year and they can do so again weather permitting.