2019-20 Super Smash – Canterbury Kings vs Otago Volts Preview & Prediction
When is Canterbury Kings vs Otago Volts taking place? Tuesday 14th January, 2020 – 03:10 (UK)
Where is Canterbury Kings vs Otago Volts taking place? Basin Reserve, Wellington
What is the expected weather for Canterbury Kings vs Otago Volts? Expected weather and temperature here
What channel is Canterbury Kings vs Otago Volts on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Canterbury Kings vs Otago Volts? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Canterbury Kings vs Otago Volts? https://premier.ticketek.co.nz/shows/show.aspx?sh=CRICKET20
THE TEAM NEWS
- Canterbury Kings have been harmed by a lack of consistency in this year’s Super Smash and having failed to win back-to-back games at throughout the tournament, it is no surprise that they will not be competing in the finals.
- The Kings currently occupy last place in the standings and have one final chance to avoid the wooden spoon but will need to show more than they did in their last game against Northern Knights with the top order failing once again.
- Cam Fletcher rescued the innings for his side with his second unbeaten half-century in three matches but it proved to be in vain as the Knights chased down the 155 they needed for victory with five wickets to spare.
- Otago Volts’ spot in the final is confirmed but they have it all to play for in this final round robin contest as victory over Canterbury Kings would mean they avoid the elimination final and book a home final in the process.
- The Volts sealed their spot in the finals with a comfortable victory over Central Stags last time out as they restricted their opponents to 139/6 with each of the bowling unit picking up at least one wicket in a solid, all-round effort.
- There was only one standout performance in the battling line-up as opener Hamish Rutherford smashed an unbeaten 81 from 54 balls to guide his side to the finals thanks to the nine-wicket victory.
Otago Volts could not ask for a better matchup as they face the side placed at the bottom of the standings with a win seeing them top at the end of the round robin. That would mean they avoid the elimination final and would go straight to the final itself with the Volts hosting that contest against Wellington Firebirds or Auckland Aces. The Volts have been impressive in this edition of the Super Smash and should be able to earn a home final by overcoming the inconsistent Kings.