2019-20 Super Smash – Auckland Aces vs Canterbury Kings Preview & Prediction
When is Auckland Aces vs Canterbury Kings taking place? Wednesday 1st January, 2020 – 03:00 (UK)
Where is Auckland Aces vs Canterbury Kings taking place? Eden Park Outer Oval, Auckland
What is the expected weather for Auckland Aces vs Canterbury Kings? 23c in bright sunshine with clear skies
What channel is Auckland Aces vs Canterbury Kings on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Auckland Aces vs Canterbury Kings? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Auckland Aces vs Canterbury Kings? https://premier.ticketek.co.nz/shows/show.aspx?sh=CRICKET20
THE TEAM NEWS
- Auckland Aces were unable to build on their opening win of this year’s tournament as they were comfortably defeated by Wellington Firebirds and they already sit in a precarious position in terms of qualifying for the final.
- With just one win to their name so far, the Aces have it all to do after an underwhelming batting display in which they posted just 133/9 saw them fall to a seven-wicket loss against the Firebirds.
- Martin Guptill scored his second score in the 40s in a row and a lot of responsibility will fall on his shoulders once again but the Aces will be without off-spinner Will Sommerville after he was called up to the New Zealand squad for the third Test against Australia.
- Canterbury Kings were outclassed by Otago Volts and that big loss could dent their confidence ahead of this crucial game against the Auckland Aces with the Kings needing to win to start climbing the ladder.
- They have only played four games in this edition of the Super Smash and therefore have games in hand on the teams above them but with just one win from those four, they cannot afford many more losses if they are to push for a spot in the final.
- Chasing 191 to win against Otago, Canterbury fell woefully short with only four players managing double-figures and they need much more from their top order following the 51-run defeat.
These teams have managed just one win apiece in this edition of the Super Smash. Another loss for Auckland Aces could seal their fate in their quest to qualify for the final while it would also leave Canterbury Kings with a big task on their hands. Both teams need to produce improved batting efforts from their last showing but the Aces are capable of much more than they showed in that game and they should be able to pick up just their second win of the tournament.