When is Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators taking place? Thursday 5th March, 14:00 (UK)
Where is Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators taking place? Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators? 14c but showers are expected
What channel is Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators on? This match will be televised live on HUM Masala (Sky Channel 720)
Where can I stream Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators? Full match replays and highlights can be streamed on https://www.cricketgateway.com
Where can I get tickets for Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators? Ticket information for all PSL 2020 fixtures can be found here
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Peshawar Zalmi beat Quetta Gladiators by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Peshawar Zalmi will need to deliver some improved performances if they are to mount a serious challenge in PSL 5 having won just two of their six matches so far after they were defeated by Karachi Kings in their most recent contest.
- Zalmi made an awful start to their innings as they lost Tom Banton with the first ball of the match and found themselves at 10/3 but Shoaib Malik steadied the ship as his 68 helped Peshawar to a defendable score of 151.
- Despite Malik’s effort, the lack of support for him proved costly and a lack of bite in the bowling unit prevented Zalmi from removing the dangerous Babar Azam whose unbeaten 70 proved too much as the Kings won by six wickets.
- Quetta Gladiators have produced a mixed bag of performances in the defence of their Pakistan Super League title and they will be eager to provide some more consistency having lost their last two matches after losing to Lahore Qalandars in their last game.
- Fawad Ahmed and Mohammad Hasnain were the only two to take any sort of credit with the ball as they kept the scoring down but every other bowler went for at least 11 an over as the Qalandars were able to post 209/5.
- Having taken two wickets, Ben Cutting then added 53 with the bat as he top-scored for the Gladiators but he was offered little support and his side fell 37 runs of their target as they were bowled out for 172 to cap off a disappointing performance.
Defending champions Quetta Gladiators produced a poor all-round display in their previous game and will have to be much better in this contest. They have now lost their last two matches and will be desperate to return to winning ways as they face Peshawar Zalmi. If they are to win, the onus will be on their top-order to get them off to a better start with Shane Watson scoring more than 30 in just one match so far whilst Ahsan Ali will be keen to get amongst the runs having amassed just 16 runs since returning from international duty with Pakistan. Peshawar are also inconsistent and that should open the door for the Gladiators who should come out on top if the rain does not curtail proceedings.