When is Multan Sultans vs Quetta Gladiators taking place? Wednesday 11th March, 14:00 (UK)
Where is Multan Sultans vs Quetta Gladiators taking place? Gaddafi Stadium
What is the expected weather for Multan Sultans vs Quetta Gladiators? 16c but rain is forecast throughout the afternoon and could impact on play
What channel is Multan Sultans vs Quetta Gladiators on? This match will be televised live on HUM Masala (Sky Channel 720)
Where can I stream Multan Sultans vs Quetta Gladiators? Full match replays and highlights can be streamed on https://www.cricketgateway.com
Where can I get tickets for Multan Sultans vs Quetta Gladiators? Ticket information for all PSL 2020 fixtures can be found here
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Multan Sultans beat Quetta Gladiators by 30 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Multan Sultans became the first team in PSL 5 to qualify for the play-offs after a crushing victory over Islamabad United and they will now have their sights firmly set on finishing at the top of the standings come the end of the round robin stage.
- In a game reduced to nine overs per team following a delayed start owing to the poor weather, the Sultans did a solid job with the ball having elected to field first as they took frequent wickets on their way to restricting United to 91/7.
- There was still work to be done and they had to go some way to ensure they surpassed their target but they made light work of it as James Vince’s brilliant 61* from just 24 balls helped the Sultans to a nine-wicket victory with 14 balls to spare.
- Quetta Gladiators were on the end of a humiliating defeat against Lahore Qalandars as their top-order collapsed in spectacular fashion and they are now in real danger of missing out on the play-offs which would see them meekly surrender their title.
- The Gladiators failed to deal with the turn on the pitch in Lahore and they found themselves in a diabolical position at 21/6 but they were thankful that a couple of decent knocks by Sohail Khan and Zahid Mahmood meant they were somehow able to see out their 20 overs.
- They posted 98/9 but that was never likely to be enough and the damage had already been done as the Qalandars reached their target with ease to condemn the Gladiators to their fourth straight loss with a much-improved batting effort needed here.
Multan Sultans look to have the talent to go all the way in PSL 5 and they demonstrated another element to their game in their huge win over Islamabad United. They highlighted how dangerous they can be in a reduced contest having cruised to a nine-wicket victory in a game where both team were limited to nine overs apiece. They now face the struggling Quetta Gladiators who succumbed to the turn on this pitch in their previous game against Lahore Qalandars and although that humiliating loss could spur them on, the Sultans’ spin threat is likely to cause great concern among the Gladiators’ batsmen and Multan should be able to claim another win.