When is Multan Sultans vs Quetta Gladiators taking place? Saturday 29th February, 09:00 (UK)
Where is Multan Sultans vs Quetta Gladiators taking place? Multan Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Multan Sultans vs Quetta Gladiators? 24c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Multan Sultans vs Quetta Gladiators on? This match will be televised live on HUM Masala (Sky Channel 720)
Where can I stream Multan Sultans vs Quetta Gladiators? Full match replays and highlights can be streamed on https://www.cricketgateway.com
Where can I get tickets for Multan Sultans vs Quetta Gladiators? Ticket information for all PSL 2020 fixtures can be found here
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Quetta Gladiators beat Multan Sultans by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Multan Sultans returned to the top of the PSL ladder on Friday with an emphatic 52-run victory over the Karachi Kings which set them up nicely ahead of this top-of-the-table clash with the Quetta Gladiators.
- They made their first change in personnel against the Kings as Ravi Bopara came in for James Vince and while that exact change did not reap rewards, the change saw Moeen Ali move to open the innings and he repaid that faith by hitting a stunning 65 from 42 balls to help them post 186/6.
- Barring any fitness issues, there is every chance that they will go with the same eleven for this game although with five players aged between 34 and 40, back-to-back games may well test their stamina.
- Quetta Gladiators sit just behind the Sultans at the top of the PSL ladder due to an inferior net run rate but their confidence is high after two wins in a row and their successful run chase last time out when they overcame Islamabad United’s 187/7.
- Their victory last time out was thanks in no small part to Ben Cutting’s unbeaten 42 from 17 balls as Sarfaraz Ahmed’s men continue to enjoy batting second which came on his return to the side after a virus.
- The team that beat Islamabad will almost certainly line up once again here which means the impressive Naseem Shah will keep his place in the team and Tymal Mills will likely stay in the side unless they want the spin option of Fawad Ahmed who has struggled in the two matches so far.
This promises to be an entertaining affair between the best two teams in PSL 5 so far as Multan Sultans welcome Quetta Gladiators. The hosts come off an excellent win on Friday but they face a quick turnaround with another match less than 24 hours later. That may challenge their team which is one of the oldest in the tournament and features two 40-year-olds in Shahid Afridi and Imran Tahir. In a match where every little detail will count, that could be the decisive factor and work in the favour of the Quetta Gladiators who are looking incredibly strong themselves right now.