When is Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi taking place? Friday 13th March, 14:00 (UK)
Where is Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi taking place? National Stadium
What is the expected weather for Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi? 24c in clear skies
What channel is Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi on? This match will be televised live on HUM Masala (Sky Channel 720)
Where can I stream Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi? Full match replays and highlights can be streamed on https://www.cricketgateway.com
Where can I get tickets for Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi? Ticket information for all PSL 2020 fixtures can be found here
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Multan Sultans beat Peshawar Zalmi by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Multan Sultans were denied the chance of improving their winning record for the second time in three matches as their game with Quetta Gladiators was abandoned without a ball being bowled.
- Despite that washout, the point almost certainly ensured that the Sultans will top the Pakistan Super League standings come the end of the round robin which is no less than they would deserve having lost just one of their eight matches so far.
- Now that top spot is all but secure, the Sultans may think about rotating their side to keep some of their stars fresh for the play-offs but if changes are to be made they are likely to be limited in this contest with more to follow in their final match.
- Peshawar Zalmi are in pole position to claim one of the remaining spots in the PSL 5 play-offs but may need to win their final game of the round robin to seal their spot after they lost out to Lahore Qalandars in their last game.
- Zalmi batted well in that contest with Shoaib Malik and Haider Ali combining for a great partnership of 116 as they both notched half-centuries to help Peshawar to post a strong total of 187/7.
- Despite Carlos Brathwaite’s best efforts with the ball after the West Indies paceman took three wickets, he was unable to prevent the Qalandars claiming the win which was secured when he was hit for six with the penultimate ball of the innings.
Multan Sultans were denied the chance to secure top spot in PSL 5 as their game with Quetta Gladiators was washed out but that point will very likely see them finish in first place come the end of the round robin. They remain the team to beat and will have a big target on their back as they face a Peshawar Zalmi outfit that need to win this game to give themselves the best chance of progressing to the play-offs. Zalmi have the quality to come out on top but the Sultans will be eager to maintain their unbeaten run and are likely to earn the victory.