When is Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi taking place? Wednesday 26th February, 14:00 (UK)
Where is Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi taking place? Multan Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi? 26c in partly cloudy skies
What channel is Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi on? This match will be televised live on HUM Masala (Sky Channel 720)
Where can I stream Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi? Full match replays and highlights can be streamed on https://www.cricketgateway.com
Where can I get tickets for Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi? Ticket information for all PSL 2020 fixtures can be found here
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Peshawar Zalmi beat Multan Sultans by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- After they impressively turned their game around against Lahore Qalandars in their opening game of PSL 5, Multan Sultans were unable to back that up as they slipped to defeat against Islamabad United in their second contest.
- The Sultans made 164/8 with James Vince and Zeeshan Ashraf contributing 92 of those runs and that total did not prove to be enough on a good pitch as Islamabad surpassed their target with 20 balls to spare.
- Multan struggled with the ball as they managed to take just two wickets with Islamabad managing to deal with the Sultans’ spin threat and they will be eager to get back to winning ways as they host Peshawar Zalmi but the likes of Moeen Ali and Imran Tahir will need to be better with the ball.
- Peshawar Zalmi were narrowly defeated in their first game of the tournament in a high-quality clash against Karachi Kings but they bounced back superbly as they defeated reigning champions Quetta Gladiators.
- In a repeat of last year’s final, Zalmi got the better of the team that defeated them in that game as Kamran Akmal produced a sensational display of batting as he whacked a superb 101 from just 55 balls.
- Zalmi restricted the Gladiators to 148/5 and the brilliance of Akmal helped his side to a six-wicket win and they will be eager to build on that in this game against the Sultans as they attempt to put a winning run together.
Peshawar Zalmi have shown their potential in their opening two matches of the tournament but have only managed to win one of those matches. They bounced back from defeat in their first game as they overcame Quetta Gladiators with a convincing display but will need to be as good again as they face Multan Sultans. The Sultans struggled to back up an impressive win in their opening match and with Peshawar likely to be able to deal with the spin threat of Multan, it is Zalmi that should pick up their second win of the tournament.