When is Lahore Qalandars vs Quetta Gladiators taking place? Saturday 7th March, 14:00 (UK)
Where is Lahore Qalandars vs Quetta Gladiators taking place? Gaddafi Stadium
What is the expected weather for Lahore Qalandars vs Quetta Gladiators? 12c but there is a high chance of rain and thunderstorms are also expected
What channel is Lahore Qalandars vs Quetta Gladiators on? This match will be televised live on HUM Masala (Sky Channel 720)
Where can I stream Lahore Qalandars vs Quetta Gladiators? Full match replays and highlights can be streamed on https://www.cricketgateway.com
Where can I get tickets for Lahore Qalandars vs Quetta Gladiators? Ticket information for all PSL 2020 fixtures can be found here
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Lahore Qalandars beat Quetta Gladiators by 37 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Lahore Qalandars were unable to build on their first win in PSL 5 as they fell to a heavy defeat against Islamabad United and they can ill-afford any further losses if they want to make a challenge for the play-offs.
- A poor bowling effort allowed Islamabad to set a target of 199 and the batting was not much better after Chris Lynn fell to the second ball of the innings which set the tone for what was to follow.
- Usman Shinwari top-scored with 30 which only served to highlight what a disappointing display it was from the Qalandars but they will hope that they can bounce back by defeating the reigning champions for the second time in this year’s competition.
- Quetta Gladiators have made an inconsistent start to the defence of their Pakistan Super League title and they come into this game on the back of three straight defeats after they fell short in their chase of the total set by Peshawar Zalmi in their latest contest.
- Mohammad Hasnain starred with the ball as he took 4-34 to help restrict Zalmi to 170/6 and with a strong batting line-up, the Gladiators will have been confident of chasing that down on a good pitch but they failed to fire.
- Jason Roy opened with 45 but no other player was able to score beyond 20 and that resulted in a 30-run defeat with improvements needed with both bat and ball if they are to avoid a fourth consecutive loss.
Defending champions Quetta Gladiators must improve if they are to make a run at retaining their title after a string of poor results. They have failed to hit the heights of PSL 4 and despite making big moves to strengthen their batting line-up, they are not living up to their billing. Their bowling also needs to improve ahead of this clash with Lahore but the Qalandars are also struggling for form and with just one win to their name so far, albeit against the Gladiators, it is Quetta that should come out on top if the weather does not result in an abandonment.