When is Lahore Qalandars vs Peshawar Zalmi taking place? Friday 28th February, 14:00 (UK)
Where is Lahore Qalandars vs Peshawar Zalmi taking place? Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Lahore Qalandars vs Peshawar Zalmi? 17c with a strong chance that rain will affect play
What channel is Lahore Qalandars vs Peshawar Zalmi on? This match will be televised live on HUM Masala (Sky Channel 732)
Where can I stream Lahore Qalandars vs Peshawar Zalmi? Full match replays and highlights can be streamed on https://www.cricketgateway.com
Where can I get tickets for Lahore Qalandars vs Peshawar Zalmi? Ticket information for all PSL 2020 fixtures can be found here
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 4 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- It has been a tough start for the Lahore Qalandars, who are sitting rock bottom of the PSL ladder and remain the only team yet to have won a match in PSL 5, so the omens are already looking bleak for the team that has finished bottom in every edition of the tournament played so far.
- The defeat last time out at the hands of Islamabad United was a tough pill to swallow as after posting a strong total of 182/6, they were thwarted by a last-wicket stand of 20 that saw United limp home by one wicket with the penultimate ball and inflict another tough loss for them.
- Fast bowler Usman Shinwari is under pressure to improve after conceding 72 runs from his six overs bowled so far, while Samit Patel should be handed another chance ahead of Ben Dunk for the final overseas spot but the Qalandars desperately need one of them to find some form.
- Peshawar Zalmi are coming off their worst display of PSL 5 so far as they were bowled out for just 123 by Multan Sultans so they sit with just two points from their opening three games as they look to find some consistency in their performance levels.
- Kamran Akmal is the only batsman to have found any form in the tournament so far but they desperately need Tom Banton (20 runs), Shoaib Malik (25) and Liam Livingstone (62) to start scoring after three poor innings for each of their key batsmen.
- The bowling attack has yet to make the same impact as it did last year as Hasan Ali and Wahab Riaz have not hit top form yet while they have a major weakness in their fifth bowler with Mohammad Amir Khan and Liam Dawson both struggling badly to contribute to date.
Lahore Qalandars already look set to struggle yet again this season as they just have the losing knack that has carried over to this year’s tournament. That said, some of their players like Mohammad Hafeez and Shaheen Shah Afridi have better form than most of the Peshawar Zalmi players, who have largely looked flat so far. That said, this match could very well come down to whichever team’s star players can produce the goods with one big innings or some early wickets. It is virtually impossible to have confidence in the Qalandars, who keep finding ways to lose matches, so Peshawar Zalmi have to be favoured to get back to winning ways here.