When is Lahore Qalandars vs Multan Sultans taking place? Sunday 15th March, 09:00 (UK)
Where is Lahore Qalandars vs Multan Sultans taking place? Gaddafi Stadium
What is the expected weather for Lahore Qalandars vs Multan Sultans? 22c in sunny skies
What channel is Lahore Qalandars vs Multan Sultans on? This match will be televised live on HUM Masala (Sky Channel 720)
Where can I stream Lahore Qalandars vs Multan Sultans? Full match replays and highlights can be streamed on https://www.cricketgateway.com
Where can I get tickets for Lahore Qalandars vs Multan Sultans? Ticket information for all PSL 2020 fixtures can be found here
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Multan Sultans beat Lahore Qalandars by 5 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Lahore Qalandars were on the end of a huge loss against Karachi Kings in their last game and their chances of progressing to the play-offs of the Pakistan Super League now severely hang in the balance.
- The Qalandars must win their final game of the round robin against Multan Sultans to seal their place in the top four after Sohail Akhatar’s 68 proved in vain with Lahore failing to take a single wicket in their attempt to defend the 150/5 that they made from their 20 overs.
- That 10-wicket loss is not the type of form that the Qalandars would want to take into this must-win encounter but unlike the rest of the tournament, Lahore are yet to suffer any loss of their overseas players.
- Multan Sultans defeated Peshawar Zalmi to seal to spot in PSL 5 and they will be favourites to clinch the title with their form remaining consistent even into the latter stages of the round robin.
- Zeeshan Ashraf scored half-century to help the Sultans to 154/6 but they looked in trouble as Zalmi honed in on that target and they needed some strong bowling at the death to ensure they were able to hang on to win by three runs.
- With numerous overseas players returning home due to the coronavirus outbreak, the Sultans will have to cope without James Vince and Rilee Rossouw with that pair impressing during the tournament.
Multan Sultans secured top spot in the Pakistan Super League and will now attempt to go into the play-offs with another victory behind them. They face Lahore Qalandars in their final game of the round robin and few would back against the Sultans to win again. Lahore need to come out on top to qualify for the play-offs with a loss meaning their fate would be decided elsewhere but after such a heavy defeat last time out, they will find it difficult to respond and the side at the top of the standings should be too good.