When is Lahore Qalandars vs Islamabad United taking place? Wednesday 4th March, 14:00 (UK)
Where is Lahore Qalandars vs Islamabad United taking place? Gaddafi Stadium
What is the expected weather for Lahore Qalandars vs Islamabad United? 20c in mostly cloudy skies
What channel is Lahore Qalandars vs Islamabad United on? This match will be televised live on HUM Masala (Sky Channel 720)
Where can I stream Lahore Qalandars vs Islamabad United? Full match replays and highlights can be streamed on https://www.cricketgateway.com
Where can I get tickets for Lahore Qalandars vs Islamabad United? Ticket information for all PSL 2020 fixtures can be found here
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Islamabad United beat Lahore Qalandars by 1 wicket
THE TEAM NEWS
- Lahore Qalandars broke their duck in PSL 5 as they produced a great display to defeat reigning champions Quetta Gladiators and they will hope to build on that as they attempt to rise up the standings.
- Ben Dunk was the key man as he smashed 93 from just 43 deliveries whilst Samit Patel also chipped in with an eye-catching 71 from 40 balls to help Lahore to their highest total from their four matches so far with the Qalandars posting 209/5.
- That total proved too much for the Gladiators who were skittled for 172, largely thanks to Salman Irshad who ended with career-best figures of 4-30 and on the back of a strong all-round display, the Qalandars now have a platform to build from.
- Islamabad United were again left to feel as though they had done enough to earn a win but slipped to their third defeat of the competition as they were on the end of a loss against Karachi Kings in their last game.
- Luke Ronchi struck an unbeaten 85 from 58 balls to open the innings and when captain Shadab Khan contributed 54* from 31 to help form an unbroken fourth-wicket partnership of over 100, Islamabad will have been more than content with their effort of 183/3.
- Despite removing one of the Kings’ dangermen in Babar Azam inside the first over, Islamabad were unable to keep the scoring rate in check and Faheem Ashraf’s poor form continued as he was whacked around the park once again with the Pakistan international conceding 47 runs from just 16 deliveries.
Islamabad United could make a strong case to have collected more victories than the two they have managed so far but they have had difficulties seeing matches out. They have not lacked runs with the bat but their bowling is becoming a real cause for concern and is an area they must fix-up. They come up against a Lahore Qalandars side who come into this in buoyant mood having claimed their first victory of the tournament and they should be able to build on that to reverse the narrow loss that they suffered when the teams met earlier in the competition.