When is Karachi Kings vs Islamabad United taking place? Saturday 14th March, 14:00 (UK)
Where is Karachi Kings vs Islamabad United taking place? National Stadium
What is the expected weather for Karachi Kings vs Islamabad United? 24c in clear skies
What channel is Karachi Kings vs Islamabad United on? This match will be televised live on HUM Masala (Sky Channel 720)
Where can I stream Karachi Kings vs Islamabad United? Full match replays and highlights can be streamed on https://www.cricketgateway.com
Where can I get tickets for Karachi Kings vs Islamabad United? Ticket information for all PSL 2020 fixtures can be found here
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Karachi Kings beat Islamabad United by 5 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Karachi Kings produced a stunning performance against in-form Lahore Qalandars to keep their hopes of qualifying for the play-offs of PSL 5 well and truly alive and they could secure their spot by beating Islamabad United in this contest.
- A solid bowling display across the board helped to restrict the Qalandars to 150/5 and that effort with the ball was backed up by a superb effort from Sharjeel Khan and Babar Azam who combined for an unbroken opening partnership of 151 to lead their side to a 10-wicket victory.
- Despite that victory, Karachi have been rocked by the impact of the coronavirus and they have lost dangerous Englishman Alex Hales who will fly home with his team-high average with the bat of 59.75 set to be a huge miss.
- Islamabad United suffered a second defeat in a row as their game with Multan Sultans turned in to a nine-over shootout because of the weather and that loss means they have it all to do if they are to advance to the play-offs.
- United are in danger of missing out on a spot in the top four for the first time in the Pakistan Super League and defeat in this game against Karachi Kings would confirm their fate, although their destiny does remain in their own hands for now at least.
- A poor batting display was largely to blame for United’s loss against the Sultans and they have now lost Luke Ronchi and Colin Munro which will significantly weaken their top-order with that pair having amassed 514 runs for Islambad so far in this campaign.
Karachi Kings earned a superb win over Lahore Qalandars to put themselves in great position to progress to the play-offs of PSL 5. They still need another win to be certain of their place but their fate is very much in their own hands. Islamabad United on the other hand must win this game to have any chance of advancing and defeat would see them miss out on the play-offs for the first time in the Pakistan Super League. Both teams will be missing some key players as the coronavirus hits the PSL but the Kings look better suited to deal with those absentees and should secure their spot in the top four.