When is Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators taking place? Thursday 27th February, 14:00 (UK)
Where is Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators taking place? Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators? 20c in partly cloudy skies
What channel is Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators on? This match will be televised live on HUM Masala (Sky Channel 720)
Where can I stream Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators? Full match replays and highlights can be streamed on https://www.cricketgateway.com
Where can I get tickets for Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators? Ticket information for all PSL 2020 fixtures can be found here
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Quetta Gladiators beat Islamabad United by 3 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Islamabad United made it back-to-back wins as they secured a thrilling victory over Lahore Qalanadars in PSL 5 and they will take a lot from that tense win in which they needed to hold their nerve to come out on top.
- Shadab Khan starred with the ball as he ended with standout figures of 2-14 from his four overs to help restrict Lahore to 182/6 and it was the skipper that stepped up again with the bat after Islamabad had fallen to 5/2.
- Khan struck 52 from 29 balls but it looked in vain as they slipped to 163/9 until a superb last-wicket stand between Ahmed Safi Abdullah and Muhammad Musa navigated Islamabad to victory with just one ball to spare.
- Quetta Gladiators bounced back from their loss to Peshawar Zalmi and the defending champions made it two wins from three to start the campaign as a strong all-round performance saw them claim the victory against Karachi Kings.
- Mohammad Hasnain and Tymal Mills did the damage with the ball as they combined for five wickets to restrict the Kings to 156/9 before the Gladiators highlighted their deep batting line-up in their chase.
- Quetta stuttered their way to 55/3 but a partnership of 85 between Sarfaraz Ahmed and Azam Khan proved to be decisive as the Gladiators were able to surpass their target with six balls remaining.
Quetta Gladiators look like they will be right up there when it comes to the latter stages of PSL 5 as they attempt to defend the title that they won last year. They have won two of their three games so far and have demonstrated their class with both bat and ball so far. They face another side that have made a good start to the tournament in Islamabad United and this is likely to be a fascinating contest between the two teams. Either team are capable of coming out on top in what is likely to be a high-quality affair but it is Quetta who should be able to edge it.