When is Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi taking place? Saturday 7th March, 09:00 (UK)
Where is Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi taking place? Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi? 14c but there is a high chance of rain and it is likely to impact play
What channel is Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi on? This match will be televised live on HUM Masala (Sky Channel 720)
Where can I stream Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi? Full match replays and highlights can be streamed on https://www.cricketgateway.com
Where can I get tickets for Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi? Ticket information for all PSL 2020 fixtures can be found here
What was the outcome in the last meeting? No result
THE TEAM NEWS
- Islamabad United put a couple of disappointing performances behind them as they ran out big winners in their last game against Lahore Qalandars and the manner of that victory will give them plenty of confidence moving forward.
- Colin Munro set the tone for United with a superb batting display that saw him score an unbeaten 87 from just 59 deliveries and his 103 partnership with the in-form Luke Ronchi helped Islamabad to 198/3.
- After a strong batting display, the bowling unit did not want to be outdone and they all chipped in with at least one wicket as they removed the Qalandars for 127 and they have laid down a big marker with that performance.
- Peshawar Zalmi have made some dramatic changes to their setup with captain Daren Sammy leaving his role as captain to become head coach with immediate effect although that does not mean he will give up his place in the side.
- Wahab Riaz will take over as skipper with previous head coach Mohammad Akram moving upstairs to work as director of cricket with Zalmi hoping this move can have a big impact in the immediate future as well as in future years.
- That news came before Zalmi’s 30-run victory over Quetta Gladiators with Riaz getting his reign as captain off to a great start at he took 3-21 to help keep the Gladiators’ strong batting line-up well short of Peshawar’s total.
Peshawar Zalmi made some bold moves ahead of their last game with Quetta Gladiators but they paid off in that game at least as new head coach Daren Sammy’s won his first game in charge. Zalmi face a difficult task to make it back-to-back wins as they face Islamabad United who were in superb form in their latest outing against Lahore Qalandars. United will be difficult to beat if they replicate that performance and they are backed to do just that in this contest.