When is Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi taking place? Saturday 29th February, 14:00 (UK)
Where is Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi taking place? Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi? 23c with sunshine and cloudy intervals
What channel is Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi on? This match will be televised live on HUM Masala (Sky Channel 720)
Where can I stream Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi? Full match replays and highlights can be streamed on https://www.cricketgateway.com
Where can I get tickets for Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi? Ticket information for all PSL 2020 fixtures can be found here
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Peshawar Zalmi beat Islamabad United by 48 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Islamabad United have won two and lost two of their opening four matches in PSL 5 and they come off a five-wicket loss at the hands of the Quetta Gladiators despite posting 187/7 when batting first.
- Their batting remains incredibly strong and even when the top three of Ronchi, Munro and Malan do not produce the goods, their middle order is incredibly strong and can keep them competitive as was the case against the Gladiators.
- The bowling unit however remains fragile and that is one area which will have to improve if they are to challenge for honours again this season and while Ahmed Safi Abdullah did well last time out with 2/17 they lack a bowler that can keep things tight and put the pressure on the opposition.
- Peshawar Zalmi also sit on four points like Islamabad but they are coming off a victory on Friday over Lahore Qalandars as they won a reduced-overs match by 16 runs as the rain meant that only 12 overs per side could be played.
- The Peshawar batsmen did well in the 12-over aside match with Tom Banton finally getting some runs but there are still some question marks over the batting line-up which does not bode well when trying to match Islambad’s batting order but they may profit from their poor bowling attack.
- English all-rounder Lewis Gregory came into the side and hit a quickfire 16 runs before taking 4/25 and that will likely see him get another start ahead of Liam Dawson although local all-rounder Mohammad Mohsin will likely be dropped after another poor display as Peshawar will hope to be able to count on Shoaib Malik again for this game.
Similar to the game earlier in the day on Saturday, Peshawar Zalmi face a short turnaround in matches against a hard-fought game on Friday. They face a tough test against an Islamabad United team that will be desperate to bounce back after defeat last time out. Their bowling unit continues to be fragile but their batting is as good as anything in the tournament. They may be tempted to get a big score on the board and put Peshawar under pressure with their batsmen not in the best of form. Islamabad have to be favoured to get the win here.