When is Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings taking place? Sunday 1st March, 14:00 (UK)
Where is Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings taking place? Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings? 23c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings on? This match will be televised live on HUM Masala (Sky Channel 720)
Where can I stream Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings? Full match replays and highlights can be streamed on https://www.cricketgateway.com
Where can I get tickets for Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings? Ticket information for all PSL 2020 fixtures can be found here
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Islamabad United beat Karachi Kings by 4 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Islamabad United saw their clash with Peshawar Zalmi rained off on Saturday so they will be raring to go here as they come up against the Karachi Kings who they have beaten in their last four previous meetings.
- The gap between matches will have given Shadab Khan’s men plenty of time to prepare for their return to action and they may consider one or two changes to the bowling attack especially to rotate their local bowlers though Ahmed Safi Abdullah may keep his place after his 2/17 last time out.
- It is difficult to imagine there will be any changes to their formidable batting line-up although they will be under pressure to win the game for the team knowing that their bowlers failed to defend 187/7 last time out.
- After winning their opening match in PSL 5, the Karachi Kings have gone on to lose their last two games and they will be desperate to reverse this poor run of form albeit against this Islamabad side who have an excellent recent record against them.
- Their batting was firing on all cylinders in the opening match when they post 201/4 but it has been below par ever since and they need their stars like Babar Azam, Alex Hales, Cameron Delport and Chadwick Walton to start scoring heavily.
- Their bowling attack is lacking a spark and while Mohammad Amir and Chris Jordan are bowling reasonably well, the rest of their bowling attack is struggling and they will need their all-rounders like Imad Wasim and Cameron Delport to contribute more with the ball.
It is Islamabad United that have been the more convincing of the two teams and their batting especially has the edge in form over the Karachi Kings line-up. Both possess some serious firepower in the batting department but the Kings have yet to catch any real form unlike Islamabad’s and that could make the difference here. Unless the likes of Babar Azam or Alex Hales can catch fire, the Kings may struggle to keep up with this strong Islamabad side in what should be a high-scoring shootout.